How do you mount?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• RE: How do you mount?

Originally posted by maanvol
      How do you automatically mount
      it will not because you have to initiate search and browsing yourself

for instance, a file to the receiver?

within the context or separate I do not know what you mean

I do have to know what I'm looking for, do I not?

surely you must know that samba is the most used and favourable method of linking up netwerkclients by means of sharing

so, when you know the latter, set your samba workgroup or windows network identity correctly
      which is found easily by using the search / suchen criteria.
      ciao
      :D keine kohle mehr :D
    • I do fear I'm being misunderstood: When I need to upload a softcam, it has has to be placed in the correct folder, with the right permissions.

There seems to be a way (tool), that's able to do this 'automatically'.

Could you please inform me on this. kind regards.
    • almost thought you were aiming at another issue
      but softcams consist out of some helpfiles ( /etc/ ) and the binaries ( /usr/bin )
      but also depending on the type and make of the softcam

so when someone wants you to have such a "bundle" of files they compress it in a selfextracting executable

when it executes it will move the appropriate files automatically into the correct directories of the VU+

now usually the "bundle" is placed in /tmp and you can run a script, extracting the files
      or
      whilst downloading from the feed (url-image-support) it also automatically extracts the files to the directories

when you are thus not using the download and feed OR the extraction via manual install (in your menu) you need to uncompress the "bundle" and place it yourself in the directories (I use DCC in windows or dolphin in linux)

the "bundle" can be a xxxxxx.gz or a xxxxx.ipk or a xxxxx.opk thus including the files and the notation of the pathnames and directories.

so ther you have it.
      :D keine kohle mehr :D