Ultimo4k: Samba / cifs not working on VTi 13.0.2

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• I installed for test VTI 11.0.0 and samba / cifs works properly. My box is recognized in network area and possible to set up the user and pass.

When I updated online my image, the samba / cifs stop working and my box is not available in network area. It looks like this is general problem with samba in VTi revisions 11.0.1 to 13.0.2.

I hope to find the fix for this problem in the future.

Regards,
      DJWeed

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von djweed ()

• The workgroup is not necessary for functionality at all.
      In the worst case use IP-address of the system instead of the name and it will work, regardless of the workgroup
      ACHTUNG!!!! Hier folgt eine Signatur:

Die Benutzung der Suche ist NICHT verboten! D:

"Hilfe!!!" ist kein sinnvoller Titel für einen neuen Thread, ebensowenig "VU+Zero" oder vergleichbares.

Keine Hilfe ohne ausgefülltes Profil!
      Kein Netzwerksupport bei manueller IP-Adress-Vergabe :-)
      Kein Support bei portforwardings/ Portfreigaben

Profil extra angepasst für die arme Emma, die sonst nichts im Leben hat :happy1:
    • Please see how it looks at VTi11.

When I exploring my network area on Ultimo4k I can find my own box and when I press OK button on the name of my box, system is asking for setup user and pass. After when I set up user and pass I can share my hdd with other VU+ boxes.

The problem on VTi 13 is I can not find my box on network area and can't set up user and pass.

Please check on Your box is this possible to find Your own box:

1. Press Blue button
      2. VTi System Tools
      3. Network browser
      4. Yellow button to rescan

and please show me what was found by screen imaging.

If own box will be not found, the sharing of Your HDD can not works properly. This is general problem on VTi13.

Regards,
      DJWeed
    • in other threads about the new smb version applied in VTI 13.x you will find a advise as show her in code

Quellcode

1. opkg install samba-base --force-reinstall
      but before we do that I 'll ask again
      have you changed any of your smb.conf becuase of various users?
      :D keine kohle mehr :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von tonskidutch () aus folgendem Grund: typo

• Please see the difference between functionality of mounts in VTi 11 where can manage / change the name of the user, set up password, delete, and add the user:

When You set up as shown on pictures above the samba in VTi 11 works perfect.

But if You run the same option on VTi13 there is unable to set up anything (empty rows) and samba not working.

Regards,
      DJWeed

• tonskidutch schrieb:

in other threads about the new smb version applied in VTI 13.x you will find a advise as show her in code

Quellcode

1. opkg install samba-base --force-reinstall
      but before we do that I 'll ask again
      have you changed any of your smb.conf becuase of various users?
      I do not changed any of my smb.conf. I tried to change only one line with my workgroup (from VuPlus to WORKGROUP) but without effects.

Now i used the command above and samba still not starting.

Regards,
      DJWeed
    • Funniest thing is on VTi11 everything works excellent but not working on VTi13. I do the same things to start samba on VTi11 and VTi13. How is it possible the samba works on VTi11 not on VTi13 when using the same procedure? I'm not a rookie user and I made it thousand times before.

I asked lot of my friends to check the same procedure on they own boxes and nobody can't find they own boxes in network area and set up samba on VTi13. They can do it on every other images, the same like me.

I'm still writing about the same box -> Ultimo4k but now I can see the same problem is on my Solo4k with samba on VTi13.

Regards,
      DJWeed

• RickX schrieb:

The problem must be somewhere in your configuration

djweed schrieb:

Maybe the problem is on VTI13 images for arm processors?
      definitely NOT:

Quellcode

1. root@vuultimo4k:~# ps -ax | grep smbd
      2. 1295 ? Ss 0:00 /usr/sbin/smbd
      3. root@vuultimo4k:~# ps -ax | grep nmbd
      4. 1299 ? Ss 0:02 /usr/sbin/nmbd
      As you seem to have some very strange problems on your box, I´d suggest to do a clean flash of VTI 13.0.x and not restore anything, start from scratch

tonskidutch schrieb:

opkg install samba-base --force-reinstall
      please show the result of the above command
      and do a:
      root@vuultimo4k:~# opkg list-installed *samba*
      samba-base - 3.6.25-r8
      sambaserver - 3.6.25-r8

the output should be like mine
      ACHTUNG!!!! Hier folgt eine Signatur:

Die Benutzung der Suche ist NICHT verboten! D:

"Hilfe!!!" ist kein sinnvoller Titel für einen neuen Thread, ebensowenig "VU+Zero" oder vergleichbares.

Keine Hilfe ohne ausgefülltes Profil!
      Kein Netzwerksupport bei manueller IP-Adress-Vergabe :-)
      Kein Support bei portforwardings/ Portfreigaben

Profil extra angepasst für die arme Emma, die sonst nichts im Leben hat :happy1: