*.pyo get’s not generated [solved]

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• *.pyo get’s not generated [solved]

Hi all,

I have a problem with wrong detected screen resolution and would like to execute a little bash script after box-start.
    I tried to utilise the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py

This file gets called by vuplus and has a section within which can be used to run scripts after start (and as well after going to shutdown).

Unfortunately there is no *.pyo generated - even after
    init 4 && init 3or even reboot…

digging deeper I found out, that the original mytest.py and as well the original mytest.pyo throws some errors if I call them directly.
    I’ve emptied the file - and put only a “hello world” inside.
    by this, the file could be called without errors - but even afterwards no *.pyo gets compiled after reboot.

can anybody give me some hints, how to reactivate the pyo generation - or trigger the generation manually? / directly?
    Any help/hints more than welcome :)cheers!

It’s a VU+ Duo 4K SE - should have all recent updates on it - and is driven by VTIOE-System: openvuplus 3.0
    Firmware-Version: VTi 15.0.0 (2021-02-01-vti-master (531279a93))
    Kernel / Treiber: 4.1.45 / 4.1.45-20210527.r0
  • You can't. mytest.py is one of the central files to be executed while startup of Enigma2 (despite the completely misleading name).

The pyo file will be generated on startup of Enigma2 by the enigma2 process itself. It has a lot of dependencies in the enigma2 binary itself, so that you will not be able to run it standalone.

If it only contains a "hello world", it is missing almost all that is needed to startup the GUI.

If you want to execute a script on startup (and other events), you want to utilize the hooks present in /etc/enigma2/events (given that you use the latest VTi, which according to the last paragraph of your post should be the case).
    Diskutiere nie mit einem Idioten. Er zieht dich auf sein Niveau runter und schlägt dich mit seiner Erfahrung.
  • Hi rdamas,

wow - this was super fast - and more than helpful :)
    Thanks for pointing me to the right direction - this is exactly what I’m looking for - I will utilize the STANDBY_LEAVE.sh
    (and don not worry about the mytest.py any more :) )

Thank you!
  • … aber nicht in der English Corner 8)
    ✂ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Dumm wird man nicht, dumm bleibt man
  • Das zeigt wieder... Zeit ist relativ...
    Bei mir läuft und läuft und läuft die Box länger als 4h fehlerfrei. :D
    Dass ich deutsch spreche, weiß ich nach der Zeit auch noch :saint:

480p Auflösung nach Standby>Start und OSD viel zu gross

*.pyo get’s not generated [solved]

EDIT
    Oder hast doch einfach nur gedacht, wenn du dein Problem erneut in Englisch schreibst, dass es schneller geht?
    Rechtschreibfehler sind beabsichtigt, sie fördern ein genaueres Lesen
    Debug Log aktivieren Putty Telnet Screenshots erstellen

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von hajeku123 ()

• neee - mein Hirn ist manchmal ein Schieberegister - und da ich gerade in den Tiefen des Internets unterwegs war, war es wohl noch auf Englisch gepolt - und hatte den "alten" Post und damit das Umschalten auf Deutsch wohl vergessen bzw. durch die vielen neuen Inputs rausgeschoben aus meinem Hirn... ;(

...und es war ja eine neue Fragestellung, daher hab' ich dafür einen eigenen Thread aufgemacht... (auch wenn die einzelstehende Frage in diesem Fall auch ein Glied in der Kette zur Lösung des originären Problems darstellt).

...qui voudra tout prendre si précisément ;)
    ......afortunadamente ayudaron de todos modos :)
    ............nem, nem ismerem ezeket a nyelveket – a Google Fordító a segítőm :happy1:

[Google Fordító == Google Translator]