Move HDD from VU+ Uno 4k SE to VU+ Duo 4K SE

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Move HDD from VU+ Uno 4k SE to VU+ Duo 4K SE

Hi everyone

I am moving to a new house, where it is no longer possible to receive a DVB-C signal so i am considering changing to DVB-S instead.

I am currently using a VU+ Uno 4K SE with a DVB-C FBC tuner, but since the satellite broadcaster is requiring that the CI Card is pairred with the CAM i consider to buy a VU+ Duo 4K SE instead, as i need to be able to record two channels at the same time.

Can i move the HDD from my Uno to the new Duo device and keep the existing recordings or will the new Duo reformat the HDD?
    • Jep, possible. The only thing you must not do is "initialize hard disk". That will reformat your disk.

But why switching to a Duo4kSE? You won't be able to use two identical CI modules with the Duo4kSE, even if it has two slots.

Instead consider recording the scrambled program and descramble afterwards.
      Diskutiere nie mit einem Idioten. Er zieht dich auf sein Niveau runter und schlägt dich mit seiner Erfahrung.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von rdamas ()

• Oooooooooooooooooh no. That was exactly my plan - to have two CI modules from the same provider. I thought that was the purpose of having 2 CI slots in the Duo 4K SE.

I found this post afterwards - vuplus-support.org/wbb4/index.…odules-from-one-provider/ .
      Here it sounds like it is somehow possible if you designate a specific list of programs to each CI. The poster is referring to "cards of the same provider, but with different service sets". At which times will cards from same provider have different services? Is it e.g a card with a base package and a card with premium package? My initial plan was to choose the premium package at my DVB-S broadcaster and use 2 cards with same access, as it is possible to have 4 cards on the same subscription.

I will really miss the gbox softcam and the smartcard from my DVB-C provider in the Uno 4k SE. It is so much more flexible.
    • From my knowledge with some dreambox boxes that will work. But for verifying that you can ask the users of the dreambox forums

I´m not sure if it is a HW oder SW restriction. If it is only a SW restriction you can ask the users of the openatv forum if it will work with openatv on the duo4kse

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von anudanan ()

• To my knowledge this is a software problem. And regarding OATV: this kind of question (everything related to Pay TV) will probably be closed right away due to their board rules. You might try, but you have been warned ;)
      Diskutiere nie mit einem Idioten. Er zieht dich auf sein Niveau runter und schlägt dich mit seiner Erfahrung.