duo4kse 2 Cam CI questions

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• duo4kse 2 Cam CI questions

Hi

I have Cam CI+ /polish Canal+ without ECP/, offline decryption works ok /vti 15/, I want to buy another Cam CI /polsat/ and I have question:

1 - offline description works independently in vuduo4kse /off course some channels assigned in Cam 1, other in Cam 2/ so it means that offline decoding will run at once for two recordings at the same time: one for Cam1 second for Cam2?

2 - there are many channels with cyfra & polsat coding, so of course some assigned to first, some to second CI, but what about automatic assigned CI option when using two Cam with diffrent CAID - off ?

3 - do not add CAID in assignment in this situation, only channels ?

4 - when streaming in stanbye by lan same channel decode by CAM1 at the same time CAM2 can decode offline recording?
    • 1. In case you are using a module and the box is configured to do offline decoding, the box can do several recordings in parallel.

2. In case of two modules the automatic CI assignment must be off.

3. Don't know... I wold assign individual channels only, to be on the safe side.

4. Recording in the background is possible, even if the box is active, somebody streams etc. However, offline decoding is not possible while streaming is active. Offline decoding only works, if nothing is active on the box.
    • Thanks for replay:

ad 1: I was recording 10 channels for test at once, and in stabdbye offline decoding decrypted every recording,
      but:
      2 CAM + 2 encrypted recording / first from channel assigned to CAM1, second assigned to CAM2 / what will be in standbye?
      queue? or at the same time - first decrypting by CAM1, second by CAM2
      second option: much faster for me

In sum: offline decoding can decrypt 2 channels at the same time - first using CAM1, second using CAM2?
    • I don't use a module and I guess only few people here use two modules simultaneously…
      But as far as I know the delayed decryption rules are very clear:
      1. The delayed decryption works only if nothing else is active.
      2. The delayed decryption is in real time, thus the encryption takes as long as the recording.

Number 1 implies, that it is not possible to run two decryptions simultaneously.
    • Some people use Polsat & Canal+ CAM CI together - everything ok, but from VU Plus:

"Simultaneous 2 CI descrambling, Dual Viewing, Faster Booting"
      "Two Common Interfaces, two streams simultaneouslyTwo CI descramble two streams at the same time"

of course I understand decoding rules, just asked about experience with two Cams & recordings - box can decode two channels at the same time, so why not decode offline?
    • kafel schrieb:

I have Cam CI+ /polish Canal+ without ECP/, offline decryption works ok /vti 15/, I want to buy another Cam CI /polsat/ and I have question:
      You asked about two times the same CI+ Cam from Polsat in both CI Slots of your DUO4K .
      So I answerred that it can't be done. Only in the newer Dreambox dedicated Slots can be used.
      :D keine kohle mehr :D
    • I'm looking for experience on offline decoding with two modules: what does the queue looks, but it follows, that it is one general - does not use the capacity this box and streaming opportunities from one while the other is busy decoding
    • 2 Simultaneous CI modules only works if both modules use a different CAID. If they use the same CAID it will NOT work! Enigma2 simply can’t check which module should be selected since they both react to the same CAID. Even if you separate the channels in the Common Interface Assignment it gets it’s knickers twisted…
    • I tried a year ago with 2 different CI Modules and did work. One major thing though! Make sure that the filesystem is 100% OK. If - for some reason - a decoding fails (due to changed OPkey) remove that recording prior to starting a new offline decoding. The decoding routine is extremely rudimental and will stop completely once it encounters an error! It does not skip to the next recording for decoding,it simply quits…
    • ok, I know, that it's working, but now I don't have two different CI and I plan to buy second /another provider/ to run faster decoding, but only when it is possible to run decoding /cam1+cam2/ at the same time on vuduo4kse...

nobody have 2 CAM CI to test it?
    • It should function, if you assign no channel to both cams. For each channel you must decide if you assign it to cam1 or to cam2.

The logical consequence is that you can't decode two channels simultaneously which are assigned to the same cam. Only channels which are assigned to different cams can be decoded simultaneously..
    • If I understand the thread correctly, the question is related to dalayed decryption in standby mode.

I'd would be very surprising if the system could do two paralellel delayed decryptions in standby simultaneously...
      The general rule for delayed decryption usually is: it stops as soon as anything else happens on the box.