[Uno 4K SE] VTi 15.0.02 dvbapp2 crash when playing channel over OpenWebIf while trying to stop its recording

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• [Uno 4K SE] VTi 15.0.02 dvbapp2 crash when playing channel over OpenWebIf while trying to stop its recording

Hi,

Last night, I was recording two live events, while at the same time watching one of them on my PC using the OpenWebIf interface.
      When the event I was watching was over, I tried to stop the recording. However, when I pressed OK on Stop recording, the GUI crashed, stopping both recordings for a couple of seconds. After the GUI was back, both recordings restarted, of course both with a gap.

Today, I tried to reproduce this crash, however I couldn't. At this point, I have no clue what exactly caused it, so I am asking you guys.

Here is the crash log, I read it myself a couple of times, but I don't understand it much further than what I described in the first paragraph.
      dvbapp2_crash_2023-07-30_01-07-30_1690668450.log

I would like to debug this issue and have some input on it, since it's not exactly ideal to have it happening while recording a live event that won't be broadcasted again any time soon.

Thank you!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von antoniu200 ()

• This crash unfortunately is one we cannot resolve:

Quellcode

1. Traceback (most recent call last):
      2. File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 242, in processDelay
      3. callback(*retval)
      4. File "lib/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py", line 3621, in Screens.InfoBarGenerics.InfoBarInstantRecord.stopCurrentRecording
      5. AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getFilenameExtension'
      6. (PyObject_CallObject(<bound method Session.processDelay of <__main__.Session instance at 0x9ec60da0>>,()) failed)
      7. ]]>

InfoBarGenerics is one of the files that we don't have the source code for.

But it seems the record entry somehow got corrupted. That's all I can say.
      Diskutiere nie mit einem Idioten. Er zieht dich auf sein Niveau runter und schlägt dich mit seiner Erfahrung.
    • Ooph.

Anyway, two things: how does VTi get compiled then, when source code for a component is not available? Do the compiled files just get copied over to the full build?
      Now, I found various versions of lib/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py on GitHub, I know none are the one that VTi uses in 15.0.02, but I can see that, from 2011 to 2023 on OpenATV, the stopCurrentRecording function seems to have remained the same. Does that not help at all?

Can't VTi use a version of InfoBarGenerics for which source code is available on the web and tweak it as they need?

rdamas schrieb:

But it seems the record entry somehow got corrupted. That's all I can say.

It is very much possible I tried to stop the recording from OpenWebIf at first, but saw I couldn't. That may have corrupted it, depending on what I clicked on (given that I was running 1.2.0 until I checked the project's GitHub page a few minutes ago), but I don't remember exactly anymore.
      Anyway, I was able to stop both recordings after the GUI rebooted. Did the corruption just go away? Or what happened?

In case I sound dense, I don't mean to, but I don't understand this at the level you do.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von antoniu200 ()

• The one's that build the VTi image obviously have the source code, but unfortunately keep these parts of the source closed, including the Infobar* stuff.

If you replace any of these closed source .so files with some from other sources (like OATV, ...), you will definitely render your system quite to useless. They are not compatible.

And on top: consider VTi dead with regard to new development. It keep's being very usable, but don't expect bugs as the one you found to get fixed.
      Diskutiere nie mit einem Idioten. Er zieht dich auf sein Niveau runter und schlägt dich mit seiner Erfahrung.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von rdamas ()

• rdamas schrieb:

If you replace any of these closed source .so files with some from other sources (like OATV, ...), you will definitely render your system quite to useless. They are not compatible.

Thought so, hence my questions.

rdamas schrieb:

And on top: consider VTi dead with regard to new development. It keep's being very usable, but don't expect bugs as the one you found to get fixed.

Ouch. And I liked this image...
      So that just leaves the community out to fix the bugs, if even they can.

It all makes sense now, thanks.
      Do you know if they have any plans to release the complete source code sometime?
      Out of curiosity, may I ask how'd it come to VTi becoming dead with regard to new development?