Few queries?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Hi,

1) Can Nabilo BH 0.12 image be run in flash?

2) Can you record to a NFS share?

3) 2 Tuners. Can one drive a rotor, and the other tuner be connected to a Sly minidish?

4) Can you select which tuner is used?

5) They say .mkv files play. I've struggled to play a few on my Dm800. How about DTS tracks encoded in .mkv. Will this box play them? DM800 wont?

Cheers
    • RE: Few queries?

no, but from usb with Barry Allen
      Display isn't working then

2) Can you record to a NFS share?
      Yes

3) 2 Tuners. Can one drive a rotor, and the other tuner be connected to a Sly minidish?
      Yes

4) Can you select which tuner is used?
      No, box is selecting

5) They say .mkv files play. I've struggled to play a few on my Dm800. How about DTS tracks encoded in .mkv. Will this box play them? DM800 wont?
      Same as DM800
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • RE: Few queries?

Thanks for replying.

So I guess best thing would be to put Sly Minidish as Tuner A, so if I record from 28.2E that tuner would be used first, which will leave the rotor free on Tuner B.

That'll work?

What is the BEST image to use? Does it have all the features that Nabilosat Blackhole 0.12 has please?

Cheers
    • I think your config should be ok.

Best Image: use the VTI Image. It is very well supporte hrough this board.
      I't doesn't have alle Mods from Nabilo, but everything important to use the box. The image will keep growing, because the boy is still very young.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
    • Cheers again.

On point 1)

no, but from usb with Barry Allen
      Display isn't working then

Display isnt working ? Could you explain please?

With regard to VTI image, in BH0.12, they recently added external EPG support, where you can download guides for Sky IT, SKY UK, and Scan from the internet, which would be stored in the epg.dat file. This is a huge advantage which I've been using.

I've tried searching the forums also for the spec of the box. Trying to cmpare it to my original DM800HD. I've always wanted two tuners and find that this box is extremley hot and crashes most days. Hence, I've been pointed to these boards. I'm hearing good words.

I bought a AZBOX in the past, and that was a pile of ****. Its only use is to play mkv files in 1080p and DTS from a NAS drive, thats all it does.
    • Display not working:
      The Box has a frontdisplay: Showing Service Name etc.

Beacause Dream has other drivers the display wont work with Dreamimage on Vu+. Maybe there will be still other issues, so i'm not a friend of using DM Images on Vu+.

I also was owner of a dm800, but the box was to hot and only single tuner. So i'd prefer the VU+.

EPG: there are different Plugins support EPG. Wich EPG-Plugin exactly are you using now?

• BH0.12 has built in support. You just add a url of server to a file and it is then accessible through the blue button and then EPG panel.

Then then scrolling through service list on the box, you can press info and all the programs are shown.
    • I think the Rytec-EPG Plugin is doing this. It can bes used on Vu+, but seems to have some impacts on VU+. One is, that the box is zapping arround while scanning the EPG, because TUNER A is used and not the free one.

My opinion: It will be fixed someday, but until then it can take a while.

• VTI : Image from Vu Plus Support Forum Team
      PLI: from PLI Team

PLI Images are open source. Interessting for developers. Biggest feature from PLI is the function for incremental updates.

VTI: very good support on this board. Excelent Plugin Collection

• Liking the sound of this box. Seems more customable than the AZBOX, and more like a Dreambox.

Does the VTI image have a button to press which goes to an addon screen, therefore pluggins can be installed from the box, or is it install from pc only.
    • There is an menu entry, where you can see installed plugins and install more plugins only. It is also possible to install plugins from pc.

• Something troubling me, which I cant get me head around. With twin tuners. If I set Tuner A to a fixed dish at 28.2E and then Tuner B to my Rotor,

obviously if i select a channel on 28.2E it'll use Tuner A, but what happens if I select another sat say 13.0E.

If I'm recording from 28.2E it will use the 2nd tuner I gather, but what If i'm NOT recording, just zapping.

Cheers

Can CCCAM decode 2 channels at the same time, from 2 sources, i.e. one from card slot, and the other from the card slot in my other box.
    • It will always use the first available tuner A. If the sat selected isn't avail it will use rotor Tuner B.

So if you are zapping on 28.2E -> tuner A
      Start first recording on 28.2 -> tuner A
      while recording zapping on 28.2€ -> Tuner B (while record uses A).

CCcam: 2 records on same CAID yes. ( The other combinations not tested by me)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von RealMagic911 ()

• Originally posted by RealMagic911
      It will always use the first available tuner A. If the sat selected isn't avail it will use rotor Tuner B.

So if you are zapping on 28.2E -> tuner A
      Start first recording on 28.2 -> tuner A
      while recording zapping on 28.2€ -> Tuner B (while record uses A).

CCcam: 2 records on same CAID yes. ( The other combinations not tested by me)

So, i'm on BBC one on 28.2E using Tuner A and then I change to 13.0E, it will try to select the channel on Tuner A, but it'll then change to Tuner B and move the dish ???

Sorry for being dumb, but twin tuners is new to me, but I gather many would use it this way, one fixed dish and one moveable dish.
    • The tunerconfig tells the box wehre to find which satellit.

When TUNER A is fixed to 28.2 the box nows that TUNER B has a rotor and the dish will be moved.

• Excellent.Thought I'd ask on one of the points again. Apparantley the DM8000HD supports DTS decoding, but the DM800HD does not.

How about the VU+ ?

ALso theres a channel on 28.2E called ITV1 HD. It needed a lot of tweaking on several receivers. Does this work on the VU?

Cheers. Sorry for the questions, just trying to make sure, before I buy.
    • Is it FTA or encrypted? If fta plz post transponder information (Frequence, Smybol Rate etc). Then i'll do a transponder scan and will try it.