HD channels streaming to PC with VLC

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• HD channels streaming to PC with VLC

Hi guys,

I tried to stream HD channels from my vu+ Duo into my pc but the playback is freezing. I am using latest VIT image. my video card is nvidia 9400. Is it down to the Vu+ Duo or down to my pc. Can you please confirm this issue? Thanks

Regards.
    • its 100% your Issue, but which you must sort out by yourself. Wlan is not a good Way for big streams, if you use one, try with cable.
      Also take a look in taskmanager about CPU use
      mfG
      Encounter
    • I have exactly the same problem even with SD channels. VU is connected via 100Mbit ethernet, CPU on my machine is under 20%. I have tried two laptops and one PC - exactly the same bahaviour on each of these machines. Streams plays for few seconds/minutes then freezes.
    • This has nothing to do with the box. Its all about your PC. I noticed this also but after changing the buffer on VLC I dont notice this anymore..

Howto below

LINK

open Link removed by RealMagic911

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von cytrax ()

• Hi!

I also have freezes on my PC with built-in Radeon3200, using AMD 4850e CPU. But only on HD channels. SD working fine. Even a buffer didn't help at all.
      Tested with VU+ Duo and DM800.

On my Core2 Laptop with Quadro FX graphics card no freezing!!! So I think a good graphics card is needed for (HD) streaming...

cu
      KJ
    • While Streaming with VLC the CPU Core(s) is/are used not the GPU. This is because auf missing HD decoding support in VLC Plugin.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • Not yet.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
    • I tried this and freezing gone:

H.264/MPEG-4 AVC playback is too slow

You can speed up the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC playback by disabling loop filter for H.264 decoding. To do this go to Tools -> Preferences... (set Show Settings to All) and Input / Codecs -> Other codecs -> FFmpeg and in the drop-down box for Skip the loop filter for H.264 decoding change it to All. Remember to press Save to save VLC settings and restart VLC after that to make sure changes are enabled.
    • Original von sami8519
      Originally posted by jakas
      OK You mean advanced settings
      Works now but keeps stopping

Did you change the caching value? I made it 5000 and its ok now for me.

Are you using wirless lan for connection between pc und Vu+ Box?