Dead VU+ Duo, Cant flash a new image.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Dead VU+ Duo, Cant flash a new image.

Hi,
      I was hoping someone here could help me with a problem I've now encountered.

Whats happened is as follows....

I tried flashing with the latest version of Pli.

When I try to use the USB upgrade method, the LCD screen briefly says ' Reading USB Drive' (or something similar). No matter what I do, I cant upgrade in this way.

I then tried upgrading using the VuUtil along with a serial cable. What happened here now has me very stuck. The VuUtil application managed to erase the flash but the box does not appear to be able to communicate over Ethernet. This has left me with an erased flash and no way of installing a new image.

I tried connecting via a terminal over a serial connection but dont get far here either. The terminal output reports the following.......

Quellcode

1. http://paste-it.net/public/rbb9f89/

The main problem above seems to be ........

Quellcode

1. Warning: unable to open an initial console.
      2. <aKernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.
      3. <a <0>Rebooting in 180 seconds..

I've tried the original images etc, but the problem persists. To be honest, I may be wrong, but I think it originates from installing Barry Allen. Flashing via USB was fine until I installed BA.

I've ran out of ideas and dont know where to go from here. My new toy is dead for the moment. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
      D
    • Hi

If you want to be sure for a serial flash, connect the vu+ direct to the router via a lan cable. Use a working serial port and everything should run flawless.

Do you have tried different USB Sticks and do you have wait a few minutes after the you got displayed "Reading USB Stick" ? It takes a few minutes.

Greets BigGyros

Vu+ 4K - Dell T20
      I <3 OSCAM
    • Hi,
      Thank you for your reply. :)

The problem is now solved. Big thanks to dodo-dk who suggested that Barry Alen may have changed something on the USB Drive that prevented the receiver from flashing in this way.

When I checked, Windows7 still reported the USB Drive as being formatted in FAT32.

So, I deleted the partition completely, created a new one and formatted it in FAT32. USB Upgrade now successful with Dream-Elite Black Hole 1.0 in flash. :D

PS: The receiver was connected to the router which runs DHCP, but It did not connect to the network properly. I checked the router for connected devices and the receiver wasn't listed. I also used AngryIP Scanner to scan for network hosts, but the VU+ never turned up.

Thanks Again,
      D =)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von dingbat ()

• Mhhh ... you should read the BA documentation, which states clearly that BA uses ext3 as filesystem on his USB stick - which makes in undetectable for the bios which looks for FAT and hence unusable for flashing. If you re-format it with the HP USB bootdisk tool as FAT you can re-use it for Flashing.
      Bad mood, bad manners, bad Plugins, you have been warned :whistling:
    • Originally posted by bobonthejob
      How is the BH image?

Its not as good as the VTI image - It uses ALOT of resources and makes the box very slugish.

I had it installed and have now gone back to VTI's latest.. :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von cytrax ()

• I also tested it and went back to PLi. As cytrax said, it consumes alot of ram (85% and more, usually above 90%) and i noticed a few problems.
    • It's back online again, they changed the bootlogo and added videomodeplugin.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • Originally posted by gutemine
      Mhhh ... you should read the BA documentation, which states clearly that BA uses ext3 as filesystem on his USB stick - which makes in undetectable for the bios which looks for FAT and hence unusable for flashing. If you re-format it with the HP USB bootdisk tool as FAT you can re-use it for Flashing.
      Hi,
      I was aware that BA attempted to format the drive using ext3. The point is that it failed to do so properly leaving it formatted in FAT32. It did change something, but I'm not sure what.

As I said.......
      Originally posted by dingbat
      When I checked, Windows7 still reported the USB Drive as being formatted in FAT32.

I was able to browse the drive and add files using Windows 7, which I could not have had the drive been formatted in ext3.

Anyway, all back to normal now. So, no harm done. :)
      D
    • I just wanted to explain - before re-formatting it reparitions and uses type 83 which is ext3 - if then the format fails you are in troubles .. thats why the docu say you should (re) format with the HP USB bootdisk tool under windows
      Bad mood, bad manners, bad Plugins, you have been warned :whistling: