usb wlan not being detected

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• usb wlan not being detected

I have just purchased a TPlink usb wlan stick which is one with a ralink chipset that I am fully aware is supported by both the VTI and Pli images.

However, this for some reason is still not being recognised.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be and any possible solutions.

I have also tried doing this as a cifs mount but still nothing

I would like to get this going if possible as the box is in a room were wired internet is not an easy solution and wireless is the best bet. I know I can take the box to the PC and update etc there but this is a bit of a pain.

Thanks
    • For testing:

VTI Image has to be in the FLASH! Plz don't attach other usb devices while testing the wlan stick.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • Thanks for the info, I am currently trying out the Open PLi image but assume testing methods are the same as with VTI in this respect.

What exactly am I looking for if I put the above stated command in by telnet to see whether the stick has been detected or not and if it is not is there anything I can do?
    • Then you can test if stick is recognized by pc. Just to check the hardware.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • I went back to the VTI image at the weekend and can report that all is now fine with the wireless network. Not quite sure why it doesnt work with the PLI image as would have thought that the drivers were exactly the same, so must be something else stopping it from working.