Picture Quality

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Picture Quality

How is the picture quality on your Vu+ compared to your DM800?
      Vu+ Duo Rev 2.3 - Samsung F3 1GB HDD -
      Channel Master 120cm - Kathrein ZAS05/M motor - Inverto White Tech 0.3dB C120 Flange - Aston Satseeker DS200
    • Exactly the same. I have had both boxes togehter on same TV and there is no difference in the picture!
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • Original von RealMagic911
      Exactly the same. I have had both boxes togehter on same TV and there is no difference in the picture!

When i read the german thread some people are complaining about picture quality?

Maybe they have not configured it right?
      Channel Master 120cm - Kathrein ZAS05/M motor - Inverto White Tech 0.3dB C120 Flange - Aston Satseeker DS200
    • The people are complaining about sd picture quality. But only some are unhappy about the quality. For the most of us picture quality is ok. Nobody says that DM800 picture is better.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
    • sd pictures as far as I can see, are as good/bad on either the 800/vu+/500

hd piccys, again are on a parr with the 800

but, the kathy units piccy quailty is best on both HD and sd but a difficult unit to get on with

also when comparring picture quality, it needs to be done viewing the some channels

as diferent providers offer differing piccy quality

but these are only my opinions, rather than expert

eric

I have also edited my post... :D

thanks for the explination
      DB 800/7020/500 TECHNOMATE 9101/VU+ 2 1mtr mot dishes, and channel master 1.2 / quad feedhorn 36v

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von ericthefish ()

• Quote removed from 1st post. It was from the Origin Thread. I splitted the thread, because questions about picture quality were off topic in smargo thread.

• Hello,

I have seen on an other forum that some people have a better result in SD with the 576i. I find that it is also the case for me; I have a panasonic plasma (TH-37PX70).
      What would be nice is an option to toggle easyly between 1080i and 576i without having to go through several menus.
      Or even better, an option where the switch HD->1080i / SD ->576i would be automatic.
    • Broadcom is bad performing de-interlacer, DM800 have the same problem but i think it's better now with tuned drivers.
    • Originally posted by Likvid
      Broadcom is bad performing de-interlacer, DM800 have the same problem but i think it's better now with tuned drivers.

It isn't problem of Broadcom. I had IPBox 9000 and with official DSG firmware picture quality is was great. When I flashed with E2 for IP Box PQ is the same as VU+
    • Since when is ipbox using an Broadcom Chipset? Isn't it using an ST Chipset.

Since when is ipbox using an Broadcom Chipset? Isn't it using an ST Chipset.

Yes true, hehehe...somewhat strange.
    • Original von muflon_
      Originally posted by Likvid
      Broadcom is bad performing de-interlacer, DM800 have the same problem but i think it's better now with tuned drivers.

It isn't problem of Broadcom. I had IPBox 9000 and with official DSG firmware picture quality is was great. When I flashed with E2 for IP Box PQ is the same as VU+

But the picture quality with Ipbox and E2 is really bad, if you say the Vu+ Duo is the same then Vu+ Duo have very bad picture quality.

I have the Ipbox myself and the picture quality with E2 is not good.
    • The picture quality is not depending on E2, the quality is depending on the chipset.

The picture quality is not depending on E2, the quality is depending on the chipset.

Yes if the drivers are correct that is theoretically true, with Ipbox and E2 the image quality is not good because Tidelgo have written his own drivers.

With DGS own images you have excellent image with Ipbox.
    • I cannot agree with you. I am using an ipbox910 here. There is no noteable difference in picture quality between E2 and DGS.
      But picture qaulity is always a subjective impression.

• Originally posted by RealMagic911
      I cannot agree with you. I am using an ipbox910 here. There is no noteable difference in picture quality between E2 and DGS.

It depends of your TV. Same as music. If you have got computer speakers you can't distinguish quality betwen mp3 and CD.
    • Original von muflon_
      Originally posted by RealMagic911
      I cannot agree with you. I am using an ipbox910 here. There is no noteable difference in picture quality between E2 and DGS.

It depends of your TV. Same as music. If you have got computer speakers you can't distinguish quality betwen mp3 and CD.

First truely Words :)

SD and of course also HD Picture depends on TV and used Resolution. As bigger as a TV is, as more Errors you can see.
      On a 106cm you wont find any big difference in Quality, but on bigger Screens you will see a difference.

So talking about Quality is nonsens if not all using the same TV
      mfG
      Encounter