Unable to access cifs shares

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Unable to access cifs shares

Hi everyone !!

I recently bought a vu+solo on which i flashed a VTI 3.2 image.
      Fine until i tried to access my network shares.

At home, all my 3 PCs are windows 7 equipped withe shared folder and the same login.password combo on the administrative account.
      All the PCs see each other's shares, and everything works fine.
      I also have a synology NAS, which works with all my 3 pcs shares are seen in cifs and NFS.

Now on my vuplus, I edited Samba.conf so as to have my vu+ on "WORKGROUP" workgroup, as my PCs and my NAS are. It's okay, i see my VU+ shares from my PCs.

But, when I try to access my PC's shares from the Vu+ It dos'nt work. In the network explorer, I see all my pc's, but whe I try to Expand one and enter the login/password combo on the prompt, the Network Explorer dosn't see any shared folder.....
      An when I try to expand my NAS's shares, The Vu+ sees and works fine with nfs shares but doesn t show CIFS shares.

What the hell am I missing ??
      Does anybody know ?
      Thanks in advance for help.

Note : I tried to disable firewall in win and I tried to put my vu+ in router's DMZ : no change.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von MrTweety ()

• RE: Unable to access cifs shares

let me tell you what i did to have permanent and stable access to the NAS

I first made a new user on the NAS which is (same as) /etc/hostname
      in my example BM750
      and as such also the set root passwd

I thus gave that user administrator rights in the users tab on the NAS
      I then gave it the access to the Public account which was already was shared for CIFS + NFS
      but don't forget to put IP adres in the IPfilter / tab of the NFS server

either allow all or add the IP adress of your VU

concerning cifs, don't try them both,
      allthough it will work, but it is not effective to mount with both filesystems
      use nfs for your VU

ciao
      :D keine kohle mehr :D