why choose a Vu+ Ultimo

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• why choose a Vu+ Ultimo

Hello

I am very close to buy a ultimo, but have a few questions.

1. Is there a dvb-t2 tuner in the works, so we will be able to upgrade tuners to dvb-t2 in the future.

2. I have read that some is using XBMc as clients to vu+ products, How does this work.
      Will I be able to se live tv channels from the ultimo on af pc running xbmc? Will the EPG be available from a xbmc client? Can anyone explain a little about this.
      I am using XBMC allready, and it would be perfect if I could keep using this in my other rooms.

3. There a talk about ultimo developing a xbmc software here in 2012. Does anyone know if we will be able to upgrade the software in Ultimo to this new build then it gets available?

Hope you can help a little with this.

Best regards

Rantzauer

i made your title somewhat more distinct

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von tonskidutch ()

• RE: why choose a Vu+ Ultimo

Originally posted by rantzauer
      Hello

I am very close to buy a ultimo, but have a few questions.

1. Is there a dvb-t2 tuner in the works, so we will be able to upgrade tuners to dvb-t2 in the future.
      no dvb-t2 tuner in sight
      2. I have read that some is using XBMc as clients to vu+ products, How does this work.
      Will I be able to se live tv channels from the ultimo on af pc running xbmc? Will the EPG be available from a xbmc client? Can anyone explain a little about this.
      I am using XBMC allready, and it would be perfect if I could keep using this in my other rooms.
      XMBC was announced but is a totally different machine
      3. There a talk about ultimo developing a xbmc software here in 2012. Does anyone know if we will be able to upgrade the software in Ultimo to this new build then it gets available?
      same as 2)
      Hope you can help a little with this.

Best regards

Rantzauer

i responded to your point using quote
      :D keine kohle mehr :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von tonskidutch ()

• Hello

Then I wrote I was not happy with the result I meant regarding If I should buy a ultimo now or not.
      The forecast for a VU+ with integrated XBMC is GREAT, And I can't wait to see how the result will be, but it makes me wonder if I am better of waiting to this happens, because of my needs.
      At the moment I have a Windows Server with 3 dvb-t tuners which handles all recordings, music, movies and pictures. I then have 3 linux xbmc client computers around the house, which contacts the server. Every thing is working great, except that I at the moment cant watch live tv from xbmc.
      I hoped that with Ultimo I would be able to close down my server and contact ultimo instead and watch movies, recorded programs and LIVE TV from the ultimo.

I just found a other place there they say that vu+ duo is able to stream channels as IPTV channels,
      If this is the case for Ultimo that might get me out of my chair anyway:-), I will not be able to watch the epg, but that is not the main thing.

Best regards

Rantzauer
    • Originally posted by rantzauer
      Hello
      I just found a other place there they say that vu+ duo is able to stream channels as IPTV channels,
      If this is the case for Ultimo that might get me out of my chair anyway:-), I will not be able to watch the epg, but that is not the main thing.
      Best regards
      Rantzauer

part of your elaborate wishlist is pherhaps coming in the future
      yet no such claims have been made regarding the Ultimo

and regarding the quote, I guess many plugin builders are trying some hot stuff, but IPTV is not possible yet or it has been disguised / concealed as a mediabrowser to a specific url (with less dpi and or subchannels available.

ciao
    • maybe I might elaborate a bit more... regarding IPTV
      no IPTV provider here in the Netherlands guarantee a proper quality image underneath the 20MBit download via VDSL
      and you might be lucky to live close to the central data HUB

so no wonder that a machine with only a 100Mbit/s NIC cannot even get anywhere close to the required dowload capacity appropriate for such bandwidths

ciao
    • Hello

I recieve my tv signal as dvb-t signal, i want the xbmc client to stream from the ultimo as a IPTV channel.

From this site : articlesnatch.com/Article/Vu--…ver-On-The-Market/2259879
      you can read this:

This feature also enables the receiver to store digital copies of MPEG encodes streams on a networked file system or broadcast the streams as IPTV to VideoLAN / XBMC Media Center clients.

Best regards
      Rantzauer
    • what definitions do we use

oké nice link however not alowed in the forum (read board rules

it is comparing two things like apple and pear
      IPTV with high resolution 1080P or 1080i on 1000Mbit/s
      to
      dvb-s2 with high resolution on 1080i on 100Mbit/s and max bitstream of 25000

to ensure the great losses underway and fluctuating stream the IPTV requires at least 10 times the NC capacity of the current Ultimo NIC
      as also a enormous cache and memory or it is swapped to disk

any of them formats can be converted by brute force computers but that is afterwards because realtime convertion "on the fly" is not yet properly done and it compresses the actual quality + picture content other than on real powerfull PC's

but as you wrote:
      you can get dvb-t (which is not even HD) and are able to re-stream it within the specs of Ultimo - Duo and Uno and their bandwiths
      that is not IPTV

that is mere streaming a converted bitrate