OE 1.6 on Vu+ Duo

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• OE 1.6 on Vu+ Duo

Hi !

We could see this new variant of OE,with new kernel and new benefits and possibility on dreambox. Plugin and some panel have a problem for now,but in the future will be fixed.

So,question, When we can expect this on our Vu+duo,or team do not want to included in the development of OE ?
      If we have great result on dm8000 with same architecture CPU like on our Vu+duo(in Vu is newest CPU compared with 8000), both CPU is "dual threaded" .
      I received confirmation that dm8000 with new SMP function and other benefits work faster and better compared with old OE 1.5 !

Same think You can make with Vu+duo and we expect it from support in near future,otherwise I will be very dissapointed,because it can be mean that Vu support do not care for our customers and not included in development of box.In that case,dreambox customers will have much faster and usefull machines, with new benefits, as opposed to us.

I hope so that everything will be OK and that develoment team want to work this in near future.
    • RE: OE 1.6 on Vu+ Duo

Hi,

no, from OE1.6 the Kernelversion and better USB Support is already introduced in Release 4.2 Original and VTI 0.7.

The CPU is not the same for DM8000 (BCM7405) Dual Core and Vu+ Duo (BCM7335) just Dual-Threaded, so please don't complain about these things.
    • OE 1.6 on Vu+ Duo ,second time

Why You closed topic ?! Why You do not want to speak and write about this ? And why all other peoples/members can not give some word here,about this theme ?

@scope34

You are not in right about CPU!

Here for all I will present all from home page of manufacturer with picture.

1. "The BCM7335 operates on a dual-threaded MIPS CPU core running at 405 MHz and yielding over 1,100 DMIPS in performance." This is CPU in Vu ( HOME PAGE )

2. " The BCM7400 is a dual threaded 350-MHz MIPS32 with FPU class CPU, and a peripheral control unit providing a variety of set-top box control functions." This is CPu form dm8000 ( HOMEPAGE )

3. " The BCM7405 is 400 mhz DUAL CORE CMT MIPS32/16e class processor..." ( picture from HOMEPAGE)

From this we can see,that ONLY BCM7405 (in dm500hd) HAVE REALY DUAL CORE CPU. BCM7335(Vu) and BCM7400(dm8000) HAVE DUAL THREADED CPU.
      If is SMP possible to work on BCM7400-dm8000 OE 1.6 ,we see that is it possible, same think can work on our Vu+Duo,if development team will be want to make it.

BCM7400 nad BCM7335 are like "dual core" - on 1 cpu have 2 non-fisical core, and BCM7405 is like newest core2duo which have cpu with 2 fisical independent core!

That is a plastic explain for peoples who have not knowledge from information tehnology,CPU tehnology.

All of this text You could see in this 3 picture from HOME PAGE of manufacturer, in particular TEXT BETWEEN RED LINES,whic I added for important part of text.

Best regards for all memebers, and I hope so this text can explain problematic of CPU.
      Bilder
      • BCM7400.jpg

328,34 kB, 895×763, 1.172 mal angesehen
      • BCM7335.jpg

117,76 kB, 978×684, 1.131 mal angesehen
      • BCM7405.jpg

165,36 kB, 978×684, 1.118 mal angesehen

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von cegevara ()

• First OE1.5 has to got stable and all mayor bug have to be fixed in conjunction with the box,. Maybe then VU+ likes to switch over to OE1.6. But that is something we don't have to decide. VU+ already switched over to the new kernel, what is the important part for now, to provider the possibility compiling actual drivers.

The other part: I don't like it, if a moderator or teammember closes a thread, that it is reopened it again in the next thread. That's why i put both threads together and they remain in closed state.

If you don't agree with a closed thread than please contact the closing moderator or teammember rather the reopening the next thread. Thank you
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • RE: OE 1.6 on Vu+ Duo ,second time

Hi cegevara ,

first i do not closed the thread. the info i gave to you was correct and is the same like you give! Learn to read. I know the difference between Dual-Threaded and Dual-Core.

Nothing more worth to say...

Infos from chegevara are wrong:

2. " The BCM7400 is a dual threaded 350-MHz MIPS32 with FPU class CPU, and a peripheral control unit providing a variety of set-top box control functions." This is CPu form dm8000

DMM mentiones on their Homepage, that the box has am 400MHZ CPU, so it's like to be not the CPU mentioned by you! DM8000 is using the 7405 CPU even like the new DM500HD Modell.

The infos from scope are correct.

Just for technical correctness:
      VU CPU supports Hyper Threading
      DM8000 and DM500HD are supporting Cual Core
      both can be used with an SMP enabled Kernel

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)

No Man it's not wrong, anything wrong is speed of processor it is 400 Mhz like you write but processor is BCM7400
      So @chegevara i wrong only about speed anything else is like he wright.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von sasofocus ()

• You're right Checked official Dreambox Forums: DM8000 is using bcm7400 (Only the prozeessor speed from cegevara was wrong so i ran into confision.

• Sorry my fault. only BCM7400 got two video decoding units. Current cpuinfo on Vu+ Duo shows us:

system type : BCM97xxx Settop Platform
      build target : unknown
      processor : 0
      cpu model : Brcm4380 V4.4 FPU V0.1
      cpu MHz : 402.43
      BogoMIPS : 402.43 ( udelay_val : 201216 HZ = 1000 )
      wait instruction : yes
      microsecond timers : yes
      tlb_entries : 32
      extra interrupt vector : yes
      hardware watchpoint : no
      ASEs implemented : mips16
      VCED exceptions : not available
      VCEI exceptions : not available
      RAC setting : I/D-RAC enabled
      unaligned access : 371012
      rdhwr/brdhwr traps : 21089049 / 0
      process migrations : 1306
      processor : 1
      cpu model : Brcm4380 V4.4 FPU V0.1
      cpu MHz : 404.48
      BogoMIPS : 404.48 ( udelay_val : 202240 HZ = 1000 )
      wait instruction : yes
      microsecond timers : yes
      tlb_entries : 32
      extra interrupt vector : yes
      hardware watchpoint : no
      ASEs implemented : mips16
      VCED exceptions : not available
      VCEI exceptions : not available
      RAC setting : I/D-RAC enabled
    • @RealMagic311

I did not say that OE 1.5 is not stable and good,I just said about possibility to make new OE 1.6 for Vu+Duo. This CAN BE MADE and all what i put here confirms that!
      All depends from Vu plus development team,and on that side is if they want to work that.
      I think that will be very important point for Vu plus,otherwise,will be difficult to sustain competition for the DM because it will then be technologically much more powerful.

Learn to read mate,learn to read from official page. I said, CPU in dm8000 is BCM7400 on dual threaded 350mhz(official info from manufacturer) and dual threaded on 400mhz like said DM. I think that manufacturer is always correct and accurate, those sales added a little marketing in everything! No matter, 350 or 400mhz but it is BCM7400 dual threaded CPU.

So, possibility for SMP have now dm8000 on dual threaded cpu, VU+duo can be same benefit too...Question is will development vu team make it ?
      Does they know to make it and does they have the courage to dream multimedia responses without introducing new models, but because this new!
      I hope so that they have knowledge and courage for this inovation.

@scope34 I know to read very well,nice to see that You are find Your error about specification of CPU.

I think that this topic must be presented to development team to see that we,customers,know about this and possiblity of our Vu+duo and that they decide whether to implement SMP in OE1.6 in the near future or not.

Best regards !
    • I really don't think that this thread will affect anything on vu+ development, becaue the devlopment team has enough knowledge about har- and software: e.g. they already ported the kernel. And so they will start OE1.6 or SMP when ever they think it's time.

There are other things first. (Like chid oder Playback drivers)

• VU+ already has kernel features of OE 1.6 . VU+ kernel runs in SMP mode already.

The other major difference between OE 1.5 and OE 1.6 is the python version. OE 1.5 has python 2.5 and OE 1.6 has python 2.6.

So, if newer images of VU+ include python 2.6 it would be almost the same as using OE 1.6
    • Originally posted by malakudi
      VU+ already has kernel features of OE 1.6 . VU+ kernel runs in SMP mode already.

The other major difference between OE 1.5 and OE 1.6 is the python version. OE 1.5 has python 2.5 and OE 1.6 has python 2.6.

So, if newer images of VU+ include python 2.6 it would be almost the same as using OE 1.6

hehehehehe, "VU+ kernel runs in SMP mode already. " Is this joke for 1. apriil colleague
      ? :D :D :D

If you did not ,give precise evidence, this is so far no one has said, especially not someone from the team!
    • Is this enough proof for you?

Quellcode

1. root@bm750:~# uname -a
      2. Linux bm750 2.6.18-6.6 #1 SMP Thu Mar 4 18:01:49 CET 2010 7335b0-smp unknown
      3. root@bm750:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
      4. system type : BCM97xxx Settop Platform
      5. build target : unknown
      6. processor : 0
      7. cpu model : Brcm4380 V4.4 FPU V0.1
      8. cpu MHz : 402.43
      9. BogoMIPS : 402.43 ( udelay_val : 201216 HZ = 1000 )
      10. wait instruction : yes
      11. microsecond timers : yes
      12. tlb_entries : 32
      13. extra interrupt vector : yes
      14. hardware watchpoint : no
      15. ASEs implemented : mips16
      16. VCED exceptions : not available
      17. VCEI exceptions : not available
      18. RAC setting : I/D-RAC enabled
      19. unaligned access : 1044726
      20. rdhwr/brdhwr traps : 1794689706 / 0
      21. process migrations : 1365
      22. processor : 1
      23. cpu model : Brcm4380 V4.4 FPU V0.1
      24. cpu MHz : 404.48
      25. BogoMIPS : 404.48 ( udelay_val : 202240 HZ = 1000 )
      26. wait instruction : yes
      27. microsecond timers : yes
      28. tlb_entries : 32
      29. extra interrupt vector : yes
      30. hardware watchpoint : no
      31. ASEs implemented : mips16
      32. VCED exceptions : not available
      33. VCEI exceptions : not available
      34. RAC setting : I/D-RAC enabled
      Alles anzeigen
    • Colleague, I and We know for implementation of new kernel 2.6.18... that is ok, but about SMP ?!! Where You see that in Your report and who told You about SMP on Vu+duo ? Development team not plain to make SMP in CVS for Vu duo until resolve bugs on existing OE.
    • Kernel supports already SMP:
      Linux bm750 2.6.18-6.6 #1 SMP Thu Mar 4 18:01:49 CET 2010 7335b0-smp unknown

but that doesn't mean, that enigema 2 is already smp optimized.

• Original von cegevara
      Colleague, I and We know for implementation of new kernel 2.6.18... that is ok, but about SMP ?!! Where You see that in Your report and who told You about SMP on Vu+duo ? Development team not plain to make SMP in CVS for Vu duo until resolve bugs on existing OE.

Learn to read.

In my post, the kernel version (uname -a output) shows SMP. Also, in the information of /proc/cpuinfo it clearly shows two cpus.

root@bm750:~# uname -a

In OE 1.6 there is no different enigma2. Only the python version changes (maybe python 2.6 performs better in SMP but I don't really know about it)
    • I have VU+duo for almost a month now, and I'm very happy with both the hardware and support.
      Just hope that vuplus will invest even more money into support, now when the sales and revenues increased. This way it will be even better.

I had 3 dreamboxes before VU, and with none of those was so happy as I'm now with VU.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von alpa ()

• Originally posted by malakudi
      Original von cegevara
      Colleague, I and We know for implementation of new kernel 2.6.18... that is ok, but about SMP ?!! Where You see that in Your report and who told You about SMP on Vu+duo ? Development team not plain to make SMP in CVS for Vu duo until resolve bugs on existing OE.

Learn to read.

In my post, the kernel version (uname -a output) shows SMP. Also, in the information of /proc/cpuinfo it clearly shows two cpus.

root@bm750:~# uname -a

In OE 1.6 there is no different enigma2. Only the python version changes (maybe python 2.6 performs better in SMP but I don't really know about it)

Yes, I saw and I know that new Kernel have a possiblity for SMP,but like said @RealMagic911 E2 or CVS/drivers not provide SMP for vu+do yet !
      Where You see in /proc/cpuinfo report about two cpu ?!?! I see just :

23: processor : 1

This is just info about speed :

9: cpu MHz : 402.43
      10: BogoMIPS : 402.43

Nothing more.