HD VU+ Duo

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• I just bought a VU+ Duo decoder and I am very happy about it.

How can I activate a SATA harddisk in the VU+ Duo?

I built in a Hitachi 5400 rpm 160Gb 2,5" harddisk/
      Connected the SATA cable and the power cable and formatted this harddisk with a linux pc (ext3).
      When powering on the box, I check Menu, Information, and at the option Installed harddisks, i see 'None'.
      Has this something to do with the type of harddisk, the format, or do I need to change something on the VU+ box?
      I can't find an option to initialize or format the disk in the VU+ menu.
      (I'm using the 29.12.2009 image).
    • Hello memyself,

I don't understand why you have a problem with the harddisk.
      If you connect the harddisk corectly you can see in the Mainmenu > System > Harddisk the option initialization. With this option you can format your harddisk. (My language is german, I don't now the right english menu).
      After you have initialized your harddisk, you can used it with your Vu+.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Ringli2k ()

• Hi Ringli2k,

Thanks for your response.
      I tried 2 Hitachi (5400 rpm, 2,5") harddisks now.
      Probably they don't are recognized, because the option in the menu doesn't appear.Do you have any other suggestions?
      I will try to manage a 3,5" SATA tomorrow to test
    • Allways after putting hardware in a set top box make sure you reboot.

KEINE FRAGEN PER PN DIESE WERDEN OHNE AUSNAHME GELÖSCHT FRAGEN GEHÖREN INS FORUM
      KEINE FRAGEN IM VORSTELLUNGSBEREICH FRAGEN GEHÖREN INS FORUM

Anfänger Tipps die nicht alle im Handbuch stehen##Die wichtigsten Links von Vuplus Support!## QUICK-START-GUIDE für Neuankömmlinge...##Anfängerfragen & Notdienst ##JA / NEIN Fragen für Anfänger ##FAQ
    • RE: HD VU+ Duo

I'm new to Vu+ duo and to these Linux / Enigma type receivers.

I have a used 250 Gb harddisk external in a housing and want to use this for recording. I re-formatted the disk with Windows XP in NTFS.

I tried it outside via USB. When I restart Vu, I get Black Hole Enigma starting screen and it stays there. When I start Vu without HD connected and then plugged in HD, I get Harddisk listed in Menu. When I go to initialize, it just stays on initializing page and does not go further.

I tried to install HD directly inside Vu and get same problem when starting Vu that it stays on starting page and does not go further.

What is problem, maybe is format of HD problem ??
    • Hi Tolner, because I had a similar problem with an old drive that was formatted ntfs before, I suggest you delete exsisting windows partitions using windows and afterwards insert the empty HD without any partitions into the vu. Now initialize and format from within the image. In general I would rather recommend to get a bigger drive in the first place. 1 tera or above is suitable size. 250 gb is just to small...
      Have fun!