Internal hard drive recommendation

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Internal hard drive recommendation

Hi i came across 2 hard drives both are sata2 with it work ok sicn on spcs it says sata also wich one is beter thanks

LINK1

LINK2

im geting the vu duo this weekend and wnat to order the drive to have it ready
      is there a torur how to install the drive since i never done it before in ant box and are there any tools needed thanks

Edit by stauffie: No live links allowed
    • I have WD10EADS in my 3 Vu+. I would not buy the WD10EARS from your link as these have this new system of larger block sizes which has made some troubles on some german users in this forum.
      The Samsung F2 in its 1Tb is used by many users without problems. However, I somewhere read that 1,5TB in general can be a little bit problematic so I would stick to a 1TB model of the Samsung F2 or the WD10EADS.

Installation is not a problem.
      1. Remove power cable and open the receiver
      2. Unscrew the HDD holder
      3. Use the rubber screws included in the VU+ package to screw the HDD to the HDD holder
      4. Rescrew the HDD holder
      5. Attach the power cable and the red SATA cable (included in VU+ package) to the HDD like seen in the gallery: vuplus-support.com/wbb2/galeri…c=4031_innen_uperid_1.jpg (you need to be logged in to see it)
      6. Close the receiver and start it up
      7. Initialize the hdd through "settings menu" - "hdd options". Note that depending on your hdd size, this can take half an hour or so. Do not interrupt this!
    • Original von user
      thanks mate good that i asked here first

I will get the WD10EADS thanks ageing

I would recommen NOT TO USE WD disks. Al lot of them are caisung trouble. Samsung is the safer brand (Choose Ecogren F2 or F3 Series <= 1TB with 5.400U/min)
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • Hi thanks for the advice i read that some 1.5 work on other post

What you think abut

Samsung EcoGreen F2 1.5TB Hard Drive SATAII 5400rpm 32MB Cache - OEM

Or not worth the hassle thanks
    • Some 1.5 TB disks caisunbg trouble if they are filled up with more than 1GB of data. SO never choose more than 1TB

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
    • Originally posted by RealMagic911
      Some 1.5 TB disks causing trouble if they are filled up with more than 1GB of data.

What you mean? 1GB files? Limitation could be number of files, couldn't it?
      I use 1,5TB disc drive - is there something I should follow? Ie. not more than 1000 files into single folder?

Right now I have 500 GB of data - mostly movies, many of them is larger than 1GB - haven't met any problem.
    • Sorry i missedtyped. More than 1TB filled Disk.