Low SR (symbol rate) problems

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Low SR (symbol rate) problems

Now that most big problems (like the irdeto CHID was) are solved, I have to report some reception issues with low SR.

DVB-S channels with SR < 2000 can't be tuned. For example, Eutelsat W6 (21.6E), 10978 Vertical, 1447, 3/4 can't be tuned (DM8000 can tune this channel). The tuner specs say it can receive from 1000 to 45000, so it should be able to tune low SR.

DVB-S2 channels with SR < 5000 can't be tuned or need very long time to tune. For example, Eutelsat W6 (21.6E), 11560 Horizontal, DVB-S2, 5000, 3/4 (package LBC) can't be tuned. Some times it tunes after 20 to 30 seconds of waiting. DM800 and DM8000 tune this immediately.

These have been tested with latest drivers (4.6).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von malakudi ()

• RE: Low SR (symbol rate) problems

Colleague, This bug is wrote in theme about which bugs must be resolved in next drivers release... Box totally slowdown when we press on channel with low signal or without signal ! This bug,bug with normal command(forward,backward..) in media player and web interface possibility must be fixed as soon as possible ! Regards !

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von cegevara ()

• Again i can tell you that the bugs are on buglist an will be fixed. Priorities for fixing are set by vu, not by the forum. You can mention it again here as often as you wan't, but it won't speed up anything. ;(
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • I just like to explain, that repeating the same things isn't really usefull, if it is already on the buglist.

You're free to discuss positive an negative issues of box and firmware, no problem with your post.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von RealMagic911 ()

• In fact we agree but here I just did it a colleague who is due to open a new topic about this, not that I just repeated.
      It's nice to hear from you that this is a free forum for everyone's opinion, no insults.
    • My posting was regarding this part: must be fixed as soon as possible !

Í just wan't tol let youknow, that this is really known and has been reported from Forum tu Vu+, but we don't have any possibilty to make priorities. Prios are set by Vu+ developers. I'm sure they know about the urgency for all users.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von RealMagic911 ()

• My post has nothing to do with receiver response when it can't lock a signal. I am describing two symptoms of the receiver being unable to lock when low symbol rates are used. The specifications of the Broadcom chip mention SR compatibility from 1000 to 45000, so the mentioned frequencies should be receivable, and they are not. DM8000 can receive above mentioned frequencies, but it was unable to receive them in early firmware releases. So some finetuning is needed in the drivers for low SR, something that dream multimedia resolved it. We expect VU to do the same.
    • Original von scope34
      Hi,

sorry, but the sympton you have mentioned was not placed in the buglist thread (the one with deadline please see: Buglist V4.4), so it won't be fixed for the next releases.

Should I post it to the Buglist V4.4 thread? I have tested with latest 4.6 (and all previous releases). There's no rush to be fixed immediately. It would be nice if it is fixed sometime in the near future.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von malakudi ()

• I just opened a thread for V4.6 image HERE

and copied your post there.

• RE: Low SR (symbol rate) problems

Originally posted by malakudi
      Now that most big problems (like the irdeto CHID was) are solved, I have to report some reception issues with low SR.

DVB-S channels with SR < 2000 can't be tuned. For example, Eutelsat W6 (21.6E), 10978 Vertical, 1447, 3/4 can't be tuned (DM8000 can tune this channel). The tuner specs say it can receive from 1000 to 45000, so it should be able to tune low SR.

DVB-S2 channels with SR < 5000 can't be tuned or need very long time to tune. For example, Eutelsat W6 (21.6E), 11560 Horizontal, DVB-S2, 5000, 3/4 (package LBC) can't be tuned. Some times it tunes after 20 to 30 seconds of waiting. DM800 and DM8000 tune this immediately.

These have been tested with latest drivers (4.6).

is this problem fixed with the latest image 4.8?

I am thinking about buying this receiver