Buglist V 4.6

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Buglist V 4.6

Please post Bugs since V4.6 here

already known:

- DVD Playback stuttering
      - Improvement of Playback drivers necessary
      - Winding in Mediaplayer missing
      - Box slows down if no signal detected

- Some boxes with MAS52xxxx Serieal don't startup with remote, only with power off on on backswitch (NEW)
      -> Workaround: use static IP-Adressen

- Problems with low Symbol rate (see below) (NEW)

- No BER indication (it is always 4294967295). Can be checked with "dvbsnoop -s signal"
      - dvbsnoop PID scan doesn't work "dvbsnoop -s pidscan". This command shows all PIDs in a transponder. It works in DM800 etc
      - Still no greek characters in VFD (maybe a font is needed?)

- Recorded teletext subtitles (on HDD) not shown correctly (in sync) with video when played. Subs always shown earlier 3-5 seconds. No problem with recorded DVB subs, though.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von RealMagic911 ()

• Low SR (symbol rate) problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Now that most big problems (like the irdeto CHID was) are solved, I have to report some reception issues with low SR.

DVB-S channels with SR < 2000 can't be tuned. For example, Eutelsat W6 (21.6E), 10978 Vertical, 1447, 3/4 can't be tuned (DM8000 can tune this channel). The tuner specs say it can receive from 1000 to 45000, so it should be able to tune low SR.

DVB-S2 channels with SR < 5000 can't be tuned or need very long time to tune. For example, Eutelsat W6 (21.6E), 11560 Horizontal, DVB-S2, 5000, 3/4 (package LBC) can't be tuned. Some times it tunes after 20 to 30 seconds of waiting. DM800 and DM8000 tune this immediately.

These have been tested with latest drivers (4.6).

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
    • Add also the following minor issues:

- No BER indication (it is always 4294967295). Can be checked with "dvbsnoop -s signal"
      - dvbsnoop PID scan doesn't work "dvbsnoop -s pidscan". This command shows all PIDs in a transponder. It works in DM800 etc
      - Still no greek characters in VFD (maybe a font is needed?)
    • - Recorded teletext subtitles (on HDD) not shown correctly (in sync) with video when played. Subs always shown earlier 3-5 seconds. No problem with recorded DVB subs, though.

- Previously mentioned problems with mkv files (stuttering, freezing) are gone completely when mkvs are tsmuxed into ts (it means that vu+ duo have explicit problem with mkv container and plays ts files flawlessly in 1920x1080).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von annabelmer ()

• Someone requested support for USB DVB-T tuners.

USB DVB-T tuners can be compiled for VU+. USB DVB-T requires enabling DVB support, INPUT support and I2C support in the kernel Makefile. Unfortunately, the dvb-bcm7335.ko and dvb-core.ko modules provided by VU+ conflict with a kernel that provides the above mentioned modules.

VU+ has to make their modules compatible with a kernel that provides DVB, INPUT and I2C. Then, anyone would built the USB DVB-T modules.

DM800 binary modules are indeed compatible with those subsystems compiled in the kernel, and that's why USB DVB-T modules work in DM800. VU+ should do the same.
    • DVB-T isn't really a bug. It is a feuture request.

• Original von RealMagic911
      DVB-T isn't really a bug. It is a feuture request.

We don't want VU+ to implement the DVB-T usb support. We want VU to make the closed source binary modules that offers compatible with a kernel that has DVB, INPUT and I2C enabled. All closed source binary modules should be independent from the core linux services. Making binary closed source modules that include and override for example the DVB functionality (dvb-core.ko) is also a GPL violation, since dvb-core source is GPL. All source changes should be available and if they don't want to make them public, they should separate them in a different module. The same applies to INPUT functionality which is implemented inside dvb-bcm7335.ko, while it should be implemented in the kernel itself. This is the way the linux kernel and modules are used in DM800/DM8000, this should also be respected by VU.

So, yes, this is not a bug, but it is a request for VU+ to make their closed source binary modules more "compatible" with linux kernel development.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von malakudi ()

• In this thread i try to mantain just a buglist. It would be usefull not to mixup with feature requests. Let#s mantain FRQs in another thread.

• Hi,
      I'm not sure if it is an image bug or something else, but I noticed that cardreader with Oscam i very slow with respect to other STBs like DMM.
      In particular, I've a TVSat card and I have a ECM response of more than 500ms while in DM600 I got 125ms with exactly the same configuration.

Regards,
      Raist

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von dalraist ()

• @dalrist

We know that there is a bug regarding clock speed of cardreader. It has alredy been reported to vu+

• For the non starting Boxes with serial MSA52... there is a workaround.: Just use static ip Adresses.

• can not be recorded on some transponders, HBO on EUTELSAT 16 East and ITV 1,2,3,4 on Astra 2, 28.2 east.

also can not turn off the fan when the Receiver in stand by mode ;(
      DM 8000 HD PVR
      DM 7020HD
      VU+Duo
      Max Tv IPTV

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von FELIX ()

• It seems the CPU is taking all resources when there is no signal.

I have noticed that when i use my dish with motor and comes to a satellite with no signal, then menus gets very slow and the remote control doesn't respond so quickly.
      Vu+ Duo Rev 2.3 - Samsung F3 1GB HDD -
      Channel Master 120cm - Kathrein ZAS05/M motor - Inverto White Tech 0.3dB C120 Flange - Aston Satseeker DS200
    • Buglist for me-For a new box its amazing there are so few

As previously reported & some other minor issues are

1) When no signal detected box slows down

2) Quite often get green screen when using satfinder & no signal detected

3) Fan always running -even in standby mode

4) Always power to lnb even in standby- means vbox positioner is always powered up

5) When searching for sats & channels sometimes the SNR & Quality readings arent true -readings vary from 11% to 99% even when you know you havent a cat in hells chance of receiving it
      Vu+ Duo Receiver Channel Master 1.2 Dish 18 Actuator & Invercom twin lnb with feedhorn
    • Here is by buglist of importance that needs to be fixed:

1/ In 576i and 4:3 Mode the Pillarbox/Pan&Scan switch dont work, you get letterbox instead, very annoying, needs to be fixed ASAP.

2/ When no signal detected box slows down and box is stuttering in menus and locks up sometimes.

3/ No BER reading, it's very important to get this working.

4/ Green screen of death when running Positioner Plugin, see my crashlog in other post.
      Vu+ Duo Rev 2.3 - Samsung F3 1GB HDD -
      Channel Master 120cm - Kathrein ZAS05/M motor - Inverto White Tech 0.3dB C120 Flange - Aston Satseeker DS200
    • Hey I met one of Vienda bug, but it's all about the image that is a release or other off, the bug is sometimes not record radio, clear or encrypted made in the vti we can run a registration, but the recorded file is unreadable, and the image off it is downright impossible to registered
      IPBOX 9000, VUplus release non officielle kernel 3.1.1 ,multiboot-cfe v44