Backup with out Harddrive

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Backup with out Harddrive

With new images being released I would like to backup my settings to make the process of updating easier.

I have not put a hard drive in my VU+ yet as I want to try using my nas drive for recording (not found out to do this yet) I have a USB drive in one of the back ports but when I try and select this using the default backup only Hardrive is there and no option to select my usb stick.

What other options for backing up is there, I have my channel list covered using Dreamset, but it is the other settings that I need to cover. There is the option to use FTP to copy folders but which ones?

I have tried using a remote tool that will backup to your PC created by someone called Lee, but it only backs up channel data and errors on the settings.

Best option would be a backup method using my USB stick, is there an add-on I could use?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von psionguy ()

• Maybe the usb stick is detected as HDD because it is the first device. So you should try HDD as backup location and have a look on the usb stick via ftp afterwards.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • Originally posted by scope34
      Hi,

due to fstab fixed /dev/sda1 is USB Stick mounted to /media/hdd , so you will find it in /media/hdd/vuplus/duo

I have looked at this link on ftp and there is a backup file there (29.65 mb), I assume this file is in the VU memory / storage (as not on my usb stick) and would be lost on a new image upload?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von psionguy ()

• Hi,

definately not possible, when the USB-Stick ist the only Memory Device instarted to yout STB. /media/hdd is surely not Flash destination and therefore your NFI and USB-Backupimage Place.
    • Originally posted by scope34
      Hi,

you have to use the complete Imagebackup function.

This worked and it backed up to my USB stick. But this will not help me if I load a new image, as I assume it will write over new image and replace with original image.

I just want to save settings so I can load new image and then upload my settings without a new installation.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von psionguy ()

• OK

Think I have sorted the problem, tried a different USB stick and I now have a file called vtibackup.tar.gz which I assume is a backup of all my settings. One last question, if I install a new VTI image and then use the restore settings on VTI panel will this just add my old settings on the new image?

Your support as always is much appresiated.