Accidentally erased the bootloader (cfe)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Accidentally erased the bootloader (cfe)

During some experimentation I accidentally wrote some data to /dev/mtd/3 "cfe". The Vu+duo is still powered, so not all is lost. Could someone post the contents of /dev/mtd/3, (cfe_cfe_auto.bin I believe) as I cannot find it in local.tar.gz nor on the internet.

The best way to flash it back would be by "nandwrite -p /dev/mtd3 cfe_cfe_auto.bin" I assume?
    • RE: Accidentally erased the bootloader (cfe)

In addition to the request above I would like to know if it is possible to JTAG the Vu+Duo (in case anything goes wrong). And if so, is there more information on the subject? Like where is the JTAG header and where do I find the content to write to the box.

Thanks in advance.
    • I think (sorry, don't know for sure anymore) I did:

Quellcode

1. flash_eraseall -j /dev/mtd3
      2. cat cfe.bin > /dev/mtd3

But that may not be accurate. Anyway I checked the result with:

Quellcode

1. root@vuduo / # cmp /dev/mtd3 cfe.bin

which should not give any output.
      And with:

Quellcode

1. root@vuduo / # cat /dev/mtd/3 | md5sum
      2. 4490870ae4399e5a368753d8d5bccedf -

As long as /dev/mtd3 and cfe.bin aren't equal don't reboot the box.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Sjaaky ()

• good night, but to flash the cfe, you have use the jtag I think, because normally if the cfe is true of vuplus bootloader, it is impossible to flash if it is planted, only the jtag little back in position, if jtag you used one you can tell us how to connect a jtag on vuplus place and how it should be plugged
      IPBOX 9000, VUplus release non officielle kernel 3.1.1 ,multiboot-cfe v44

• > you have use the jtag I think

No, my box was on, so I could easily reflash the cfe. A reboot would have been fatal as I also don't know how to flash using JTAG. That is, I couldn't find an obvious JTAG connector on the mainboard. But I'm no expert on JTAG, so I might have missed it.