Where does TV program info come from?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Where does TV program info come from?

The epg displays an abbreviated summary for most TV programs. For movies, the summary is not complete but cut off in the mid of a sentence, so I guess The epg guide only displays a certain number of characters. It never mentions the actors or the producer!

For recorded movies, the summary on the left hand side of the screen always starts with actor: name.... actor: name..... producer: name......

Where does this information come from and why can't I see that in the epg guide before I decide whether or not to record it???
    • Have you got the epg configuration set up correctly? Are you using just the epg program configured standard by Vti, or do you perhaps have a plugin active for epg? How about EPGrefresh to periodically load the epg data? At any rate the epg data itself is part of the data stream the station transmits. The 'summary' as you said is brief, but intact. Movies do not however have all the actor and producer information. That would have to be dragged up from the internet with one of the media player plugins. The synopsis or summary as you called it, should actually be available for programs from pretty much all stations (that actually send epg data) at broadcast time. The placement of the summary you see, is related to the skin you're using too. You might want to browse through the E2-based plugins available in the sites online Database to see if there is something out there that fits your taste. I use the "Cool TV Guide", which has numerous appearance flavors. You activate these alternate epg plugins with a long press to the epg button.