CrossEPG on VTI

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• RE: which version

Originally posted by guff daddy
      Same problem as I had - and I finally got it working with Sandro's help.

I had edited the /etc/init.d/rcS file as required (the VTI image isn't patched) but hadn't typed the /usr/crossepg/crossepg_epgmove.sh
      command correctly

So - it works fine with VTI 2.0 - just make sure you follow instructions EXACTLY.

If it still isn't working - double check!

can you give us the same instructions and help? or where we can find them?
      are included in the package?
    • Look HERE for install instructions. Section Dreambox applies.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • I've done it:
      Copy the package in your box. 2. From telnet type:
      ipkg install crossepg_enigma2-(VERSION)_(ARCHITECTURE).ipk}3. Reboot enigma2 GUI.
      Enigma2 installation (dreambox)¶
      with a unix compatible editor edit the file /usr/bin/enigma2.sh and before the line
      LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libopen.so.0.0 /usr/bin/enigma2add this line
      /usr/crossepg/crossepg_epgmove.sh

but when I execute it Enigma 2 reboots.

reading the posts guff daddy said:
      I had edited the /etc/init.d/rcS file as required (the VTI image isn't patched) but hadn't typed the /usr/crossepg/crossepg_epgmove.sh
      command correctly

but Iàve not find any instruction on rcS
    • Originally posted by mfsav2
      I've done it:
      ipkg install crossepg_enigma2-(VERSION)_(ARCHITECTURE).ipk}3. Reboot enigma2 GUI.
      with a unix compatible editor edit the file /usr/bin/enigma2.sh and before the line

command correctly

Before executing it you must configure it from > Menu > configuration > Crossepg
      (activate SkyIT_hotbird)
    • Original von mfsav2
      I've done it:

command correctly

Sounds like you mistyped something while editing the startup script.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • Originally posted by mfsav2
      I've done it:

command correctly

Oops - that file (/etc/init.d/rcS) is for the IPbox, not the DM/Vu+ - my mistake.

What you have done should be OK - you just need to go into the Crossepg item on Menu/Setup/Crossepg and configure it there. The actual Crossepg plugin (in the plugins list) just executes the EPG download.
    • Originally posted by guff daddy
      Originally posted by mfsav2
      I've done it:

command correctly

Oops - that file (/etc/init.d/rcS) is for the IPbox, not the DM/Vu+ - my mistake.

What you have done should be OK - you just need to go into the Crossepg item on Menu/Setup/Crossepg and configure it there. The actual Crossepg plugin (in the plugins list) just executes the EPG download.

So:
      1) I checked the scripts and the appear fine to me
      2) I'm able to show the setup (thank you) and configure it
      3) I'm able to download manually (from plugins), it download everything and then he reboots enigma.

what happened weird is that I configured the auto download at 3.00...
      This morning I found the VU+ completely locked (no telnet, WebIF, remote) with CrossEPG in the front screen.
      I had to power off and on!

Is it only my problem or happened to someone else?

Does crossEPG replace the standard EPG? or how I can invoke it?

I found the options to enable-disable the E2 reboot after download. Is it mandatory to restart E2? what is it's objective?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von mfsav2 ()

• what happened weird is that I configured the auto download at 3.00...
      This morning I found the VU+ completely locked (no telnet, WebIF, remote) with CrossEPG in the front screen.
      I had to power off and on!

Is it only my problem or happened to someone else?

No, today I found my VU+ powered on (on epg download channel > Fox+1)

Does crossEPG replace the standard EPG? or how I can invoke it?

As far as I understand, it simply populates the epg for one week, so you call it with the standard epg

I found the options to enable-disable the E2 reboot after download. Is it mandatory to restart E2? what is it's objective?

I think to refresh epg with new populated data.

The only to thing I point out:
      1. it doesn't go to standby mode after updates.
      2. from time to time it mixes letters between old ad newer events (for example old event= News, current event = Star Trek, then it shows StaNewsTrek)
    • Originally posted by rockerduck

2. from time to time it mixes letters between old ad newer events (for example old event= News, current event = Star Trek, then it shows StaNewsTrek)

1) install the Startup to Standby plugin. Configure CrossEPG to restart Enigma after refresh.

2) haven't seen this myself - could be a problem in the original EPG stream (remember this data is constantly updated - however CrossEPG only takes a snapshot of it at a particular time).
    • Originally posted by guff daddy
      Originally posted by rockerduck

1) install the Startup to Standby plugin. Configure CrossEPG to restart Enigma after refresh.

2) haven't seen this myself - could be a problem in the original EPG stream (remember this data is constantly updated - however CrossEPG only takes a snapshot of it at a particular time).

Thanks for your answer...

for #1 I installed it but it seems to work only when machine reboots and and not when only enigma restarts (Maybe I have to give another try)

for #2 I really don't know since is the fist time I see it. Didn't have this problem with embedded epg in DE image...
    • Guys can you help me withe crossepg setup?
      I have the latest VTI 2.0 image.
      1. I installed crossepg-enigma2_0.4.7-svn-56_mipsel.ipk
      2. Edited the file /usr/bin/enigma2.sh
      added line
      before
      LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libopen.so.0.0 /usr/bin/enigma2
      3. However, in file /etc/init.d/rcS I can't find the line /usr/local/bin/enigma2
      Am I suppose to enter these lines? Are the paths correct?
      echo "starting e2->"
      /var/crossepg/crossepg_epgmove.sh
      /usr/local/bin/enigma2

Thnx
    • as we said before :)

follow the instructions for dreambox then enter in system setup and perform initial configuration or the plugin will give you an error and restart enigma2
    • I followed the instructions.

The Plugin downloads always 5.40MB for just 603 Channels.

But it doesnt work anyway. I always get the running and next event on epg.

I really dont know what i am doin wrong.

Image is VTI 2.1

Sincerly