problems with files located on VU+ when accessed from Vista PC

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Hello,
      I have not re-flashed my VU because I have a workarround by using FTP. I wait for the next version to re-flash.
      In the mean time I have made an update (+- 15minutes): problem still there.
      I have now also .ts file and if they are bigger them 2GB I have the problem as well reading them with VLC.
      And as I said in my first post, even a rename of the file give problem. In that case no data movement is even necessary...
    • I cannot answer both.
      cicutina,
      you can backup all your settings and restore them after the box is flashed again
      but that would be much easy with the VTI image which has appropriate menu's and submenu's for that purpose.

(but to Samba)
      what is the workgroup of your PC...?
      have you set it also to Vuplus? and restarted?
      ciao
      :D keine kohle mehr :D
    • but your one of the very few who has issues with the 5.2 image
      so when there would be a MAJOR BUG with it's connectivity all hell would brake loose.

having said so, I am not blaming anybody, but providing options to check and/or correct personal settings

aspecially reading and writing about network and/or windows configuration is extremely difficult
      sitting next to you and inspecting the PC and network would be much simpler.
      ciao
    • Originally posted by tonskidutch
      workarround
      what I once in a while do is, make an new login account on the windows pc, with the same account name and password as the VU+ has
      so
      root
      blablabla
      be sure to change the VU+ password also because samba needs a password
      and then login the windows with that account
      see whether you can copy files from the VU+ with the explorer

password change on the VU+ can be done via menu and or via telnet.

ciao

did any of you use the idea / suggestion yet?
      ciao
    • First thanks for helping:
      "you can backup all your settings and restore them after the box is flashed again
      but that would be much easy with the VTI image which has appropriate menu's and submenu's for that purpose."

that's true but satellite diseqc numbers are stored on Vbox2 ( a diseqc interface that converts diseqc command to motor pulses for old 36V motor) and usually it is necessary to link every satellite position again...at least that was it happended on Dreambox.

(but to Samba)
      what is the workgroup of your PC...?
      have you set it also to Vuplus? and restarted?
      ciao

To tell the truth I don't know:
      I have never set anything on my PC, usually network storage appears in teh folder network with no actions from me, for example I have now: Max-pc, networkspace2 and WDTVLIve, I have also a Reelbox and when it is turn on it is added in network windows as Reelbox.
      I have never set anything, everitime I turn on a new network device it is shown iin the folder network, in windows 7 => computer =>network

Ciao
    • i am a bit uncertain with w7
      because i never used it and am disgussed with it

however
      when there is a "my computer" icon on your desktop (classic desktop)
      you can hover over it and richt mouseclick to see it's properties

when you do that a new window appears and shows also the option to change the ID of the computer
      as default it is set to workgroup > change to Vuplus then samba is similar to the samba server of VU+

you would want to check google related to w7 and workgroup.
      ciao

my example is in windows XP-pro

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von tonskidutch ()

• @tonskidutch
      I did everything you suggested but nothing worked.
      I tried also with my laptop and Vista 32 ( I use taht PC for my job and I'm not very enthusiast to make tries with it ) ..anyway again the same problem..impossible to transfer files over 2 GB.

I returned to the old April firmware that works very fine.
      As I supposed I was forced to store sat position again...anyway I stop here and I'll wait for the next firmware releases hoping they work better ( at least for me ) .

Thanks for you kindness
      Ciao

PS: please let me to ask you a thing: you end your message with ciao, since I'm italian I usually say ciao that stand for bye in my language, ciao is said also in your country?
      Only a curiosity.
    • hi,
      to be sure that the people building the image can reproduce and or fix the issue some time one needs to give them appropriate info.
      so when nothing is investigated by the users, nothing could be done
      is this issue not being able to copy with some files or with all files?

no ciao ciao is not a local greeting, it merely expresses my knowledge of the italian language :D
    • This is what happens:
      below 2 GB no problems moving files to from internal HD and accessing them from PC.
      Over 2 GB ( just make a test with a 3 GB recording ) it is impossible to download files from Vu+ to PC due to an alleged out of memory message or an " Error 0X8007003A - server can't perform operation".

It ia also impossible to access files with software like VLC or DVR studio.

Strangely peforming these operations by the way FTP protocol it seems working.

I tried to upolad to Vu+ a 4.5 GB file and I was able to uplaod the files without problem but, on the other hand, again I wansn't able to get access to this file once it has been stored on Vu+ hard disk.

I tried also to repalce the samba folder of 5.2 firmware with that one from April firmware ( that works well with no problems) but I haven't succees in solving anything.

Ciao
    • I can confirm what cicutina said.
      I made the tests with original images 4.9 and 5.0 both in "virgin state" ( no settings,no lnb conf,no plugins only fixed ip changed :(
      on 4.9 no problems with vlc plaiyng or copy the ts files.
      on 5.0 no way to play or copy files over 2gb.
      The same results with win7,vista and xp. No problems with linux.
      I try also to make a profile named root and password the same as vuplus, but nothing.
      Strange, but no problem using webif.
      There is some way to report this to vuplus? I can't find any contacts about them.
    • Original von cicutina
      I confirm, problem solved.
      Thanks to VTI team, fantastic job.
      Cicutina

VTI Team is using another samba version. That's doeing the trick.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS