Strange problem with 1 of my 2 Vu+ Duo and the most recent VTi image

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Strange problem with 1 of my 2 Vu+ Duo and the most recent VTi image

Hi all,
      I have a really strange problem while trying to install the most recent version of VTi Image (V 2.0 - 19.08.2010 OE 1.6) on 1 of my 2 Vu+ Duo (on the other one the installation worked flawlessly).

After a complete reinstallation via USB, every time the decoder starts, no bootlogo is displayed. The screen just shows the spinning hourglass on a completely black background.
      Moreover, when I try to manually install a package (ipkg install...) I always receive the following error:

Quellcode

1. Configuring vuplus-bootlogo
      2. mount: can't find /boot in /proc/mounts
      3. postinst script returned status 1
      4. Collected errors:
      5. * ERROR: vuplus-bootlogo.postinst returned 1

I tried to repeat the installation many many times, but the behaviour didn't change.
      Does anybody have a solution to this problem?
    • RE: Strange problem with 1 of my 2 Vu+ Duo and the most recent VTi image

Are there different attached devices between the two boxes? (HDD, USB pendrives, etc)
      BTW try to reflash after removed all devices using only the front usb port...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von rockerduck ()

try to change the hostname and hosts
      in /etc
      and previous to that disconnect one of the two boxes from your network when trying to startup the other

it seems that on some DHCP-servers appointing an automatic Ip-adres and dns screws up boot procedure from the second "similar" box.

an image is a copy
      so operating two copies with ip will not work fine.
      ciao
      :D keine kohle mehr :D

Originally posted by rockerduck
      Are there different attached devices between the two boxes? (HDD, USB pendrives, etc)
      BTW try to reflash after removed all devices using only the front usb port...

Yes, the HDD is different.
      I will try to reflash again disconnecting it.
    • Hi all, girotour is a friend of mine.
      The second Vu+ Duo is my one.
      We made two installations in different times.
      First we installed his one. Then we detached everything, switched it off and attached my one.
      They have never been powered on together.
      We tried to reflash several times with no luck.
      BTW any other image works flawlessly on my Vu+ (DE in example).
      VTI is the only one giving us problems.

Thx
      L'uka
    • A little update to this problem.
      I reinstalled the most recent VTi image, but this time I disconnected the hard disk and the network.
      Result: nothing changes; during the boot no splash screen is displayed.
      This happens only with VTi image. I tried to install VIX, Gigant, DE, HDFreaks and also the original image and the splash screen is always displayed.