xmltvimport does not import downloaded EPG

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• xmltvimport does not import downloaded EPG

This evening i performed a software update on my Vu+ Duo running the most recent version of VTi image (V 2.0 - 19.08.2010 OE 1.6).

After the update I noticed that the xmltvimport plugin was available again (I think it's a custom version because it's called xmltvimport.vti).
      So I tried it and it downloaded the EPG without any problem creating the epg_new.dat file in /media/hdd, but, apparently, it was not able to import it in the Vu+ EPG (even after a reboot).

Looking at the original package (the rytec one) I noticed that, during the installation process, it modifies the file /usr/bin/enigma2.sh adding the following line:

Quellcode

1. python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGImport/boot.py
      while the version distributed by VTi doesn't.

Is this the reason why it doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong?
    • Hi.

Habe das selbe Problem aber nur mit den EPG-Daten von UK. Weiß da schon jemand Abhilfe?

Gruß, elbmic

I've the same problem with importing the xml-files of BSkyB. (BSkyB only). Do anybody have the same problem and can help me to solve the problem?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von elbmic ()

• RE: EPG-Listings

Original von elbmic
      Hi.

Habe das selbe Problem aber nur mit den EPG-Daten von UK. Weiß da schon jemand Abhilfe?

Gruß, elbmic

bitte poste im richtigen bereich, das hier ist der englische bereich!

Please post in the correct area, this is the English area!
    • Finally I found the problem.

During a reboot (actually, during the shutdown phase, I think) enigma2 dumps the current EPG to /media/hdd/epg.dat to reload it at the next boot.
      If the file /media/hdd/epg.dat already exists, it will be overwritten.

This is the reason why the plugin uses a different file name (epg_new.dat) to store the new EPG data and this is also the reason why renaming epg_new.dat to epg.dat before rebooting doesn't help.
      The right thing to do is to copy epg_new.dat to epg.dat just before enigma2 loads it.

The original plugin installation (the Rytec's one) solves the problem by modyfing the file /usr/bin/enigma2.sh to run /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/boot.py (which simply copies epg_new.dat to epg.dat).

#!/bin/sh

python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/boot.py
      /usr/bin/showiframe /boot/backdrop.mvi

In the VTi installation the file modification is missing so epg_new.dat will never be copied (and loaded).

Adding the missing line to /usr/bin/enigma2.sh does the trick.
    • RE: epg to usb

Originally posted by motoru
      @girotour, thank you for information.

it is posibile to work epg inport on usb no hdd ?

I took a quick look at the plugin sources and it seems to me that it looks for:

/media/hdd
      /media/usb
      /media/cf

So, probably it can work even if you don't have a hard disk installed.
    • Originally posted by girotour
      Finally I found the problem.

During a reboot (actually, during the shutdown phase, I think) enigma2 dumps the current EPG to /media/hdd/epg.dat to reload it at the next boot.
      If the file /media/hdd/epg.dat already exists, it will be overwritten.

This is the reason why the plugin uses a different file name (epg_new.dat) to store the new EPG data and this is also the reason why renaming epg_new.dat to epg.dat before rebooting doesn't help.
      The right thing to do is to copy epg_new.dat to epg.dat just before enigma2 loads it.

The original plugin installation (the Rytec's one) solves the problem by modyfing the file /usr/bin/enigma2.sh to run /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/boot.py (which simply copies epg_new.dat to epg.dat).

#!/bin/sh

In the VTi installation the file modification is missing so epg_new.dat will never be copied (and loaded).

Adding the missing line to /usr/bin/enigma2.sh does the trick.

Okay, i've added this line and the box will NOT start at all now. THis is very frustrating after upgrading from DE3.3 image.

I have to copy back the enigma2.sh file to get the box to start.

ANy help please.
    • Originally posted by ricster
      Okay, i've added this line and the box will NOT start at all now. THis is very frustrating after upgrading from DE3.3 image.

ANy help please.

I need some more details.
      • Which version of VTi are you using?
      • Are you sure you just inserted the line "python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/boot.py"?
      • Did you check for the existence of /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/boot.py file?
      • Does the new enigma2.sh file have execute permission?
    • Originally posted by girotour
      Originally posted by ricster

ANy help please.

I need some more details.
      • Which version of VTi are you using?
      • Are you sure you just inserted the line "python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/boot.py"?
      • Did you check for the existence of /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/boot.py file?
      • Does the new enigma2.sh file have execute permission?

Hi, i'm using VTI 2.0 downloaded from here and then did a software update.
      I have added the boot.py line just before cd /home/root line.
      the boot.py file does exist.
      enigma2.sh file has permissions of 755.

Hope that helps. I've noticed after several attempts, the epg_new.dat file is copied upon restart now but only 11,577 file size of it, before it then removes the file and carries on rebooting. Once loaded epg.dat is vanished and the epg data is emptied too.
    • Originally posted by ricsterI've noticed after several attempts, the epg_new.dat file is copied upon restart now but only 11,577 file size of it, before it then removes the file and carries on rebooting. Once loaded epg.dat is vanished and the epg data is emptied too.

Sorry, I don't understand this part.

The process should work this way:

1) The EPG is downloaded to /media/hdd/epg_new.dat file
      2) Enigma2 automatically stops and dumps the current EPG to /media/hdd/epg.dat
      3) The file boot.py runs and copies epg_new.dat to epg.dat
      4) Enigma2 starts and loads epg.dat (which is now a copy of epg_new.dat)
      5) epg.dat is deleted

Did you notice something different from this sequence?
      And, sorry for the silly questione, do you have an HDD installed?
    • Original von Pikachu1233
      I need some explanation.
      How and where to add these lines...no idea.
      Sorry I'm a beginner.
      Thanks

Doubleposting doesn't deliver answers faster ;)

Use an ftp tool like filezilla and an editor like Notepad++

Move the files with the ftp tool to your pc and edit them like eyplained with notepad++ then send it back to the vu and restart.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • Sorry I didn't want to annoy.
      Can you send me the modifie "boot.py file" so I can compare to mine and understand better
      I found one but not here "python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGImport" but there "python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport".
      Then I d/l the file and checked where to add "/usr/bin/enigma2.sh"...no idea.
      I'm on Os X, but I can edit the file.
      Looks like I'm getting closer.
      A little help again please
    • Just edit /usr/bin/enigma2.sh

add these line

before these line

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
    • Original von Pikachu1233
      it's crashes the sat receiver...I have to install from startup....what went wrong?

propably you edit the wrong file.

Maybe you like to test the inserted commandline on shell bevore editing.

• Original von mika
      it's crashes my receiver and must put back vti image from the start !!

se post above.

Before entering the line into the startup script you shoul be able to test it on the shell.