4K support in VU+

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• 4K support in VU+

I do not find any organized information about 4K support here so I suggest we create a topic on it.

Observe that you CAN watch 4K programming in VU+ Ultimo.
      But, you can only do it through the web interface.
      ( I will check other boxes soon)

You will of course need a 4K resolution display or TV connected to your PC. The graphic card I am using is the GTX960.
      And of course minimum 1.4 HDMI Cables and so on..
      The VU+ will stream 4K material to the PC when selected through the web interface. (I have SAT tuners and can see the DEMO 4K channels)
      Only thing is that you will need to get the PC to correctly handle the 4K stream.
      On the PC you will need to associate a player that can handle 4K streaming video.

One player which does support 4K streaming is the latest MPC-HC (Media Player Classic)
      On your PC you just enter the webinterface against VU+. Click on a programming and the display on screen Icon and save the stream.m3u file locally.
      Look up the m3u file on disk and use Open with/Choose default program (Set it to MPC-HC)

Voila, you can see the Demo 4K channels.
      If your screen have 4K resolution, you can see the full 4K resolution from the Demo channels.

I'll get back when I have tested some more boxes

Solo 2 works fine as well, I would guess Duo and Duo 2 will as well.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Mister-X () aus folgendem Grund: Beiträge zusammengeführt

• must wait for new duo 3 D:
      openATV we are open Source

Boykott GPL violator

VU Images
    • Your English needs a lot of "overworking". ;_)
      Why don't we simply stick to German?
      Edit: Ok, simply forget about my post, didn't recognize there was an English-speaking section in this forum. My apologies.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von Moribund ()