Instalation Oscam 1.0 and other cams

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Instalation Oscam 1.0 and other cams

Hi.
      There is Oscam 0.99 in plugin menu of VTI 2.1. But I need to run Oscam 1.00 in order to run my Skylink ICE card.
      Can zou please give me advice how to install and start any CAM manually? Where to copy it and what order to use?
      Thank you.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von mike9889 ()

• Hi mike,
      make a FTP-Connection (e.g. with Total commander or filezilla) to your Vu. Lokate the /usr/bin directory. There's you should find a file called oscam*. The exact name i don't know by know.
      Download an oscam package and choose the mips-tuxbox binary. Rename it exactly to the one you found in /usr/bin. Make a killall -9 oscam* to stop all running oscam instances. After that, copy the renamed file to /usr/bin and confirm to overwrite the old one. Then restart the VU. Thats all! Now the new oscam should be running.
    • Thanks boxii a lot. This is exactly how I did it, but.....

I would like to know how to instal CAM even if there is not one in Plugin menu.
      Meaning also other CAM-s. What in case if there is no CAM in usr/bin already "waiting" for rename. And even it is not in plugin menu.

So the question was how to install and start any CAM manually? (telnet?, some tool?)

Thanks again
    • Hi mike,
      there is another dirctory /usr/script. There you can find the sartup scripts for the emus. You can copy and rename one of these files and edit it. Its important, that the new file ends with _cam.sh (e.g. mycam_cam.sh, where 'mycam' could be replaced by the name of your choice or used cam). Make a chmod 755 on the new startup script to make it executable. Install the cam of your choice in /usr/bin and the config files in the appropriate directories (depending on the cam you use). Don't forget to make a chmod 755 on the cam binary! Config files only need a 644. After rebooting your VU, the new Cam should be displayed in the CAM selection window.

The next lines describe how to start the new cam manually without a new startup script:

Make a telnet connection to your box. Change dir to /usr/bin. Enter the following line:
      ./your_cam_binary_name & and press ENTER.
      Now the new cam should start. Do a ps -ax to check, whether your new cam is already running. This is a quick and simply way to check out, which cams fits your needs the best.