Vu+ movie playback ERRORS with OE1.6

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Vu+ movie playback ERRORS with OE1.6

Ever since I started using the new OE1.6 images (VTI, OpelPLi, VIX, DreamElite, Gigant, HDFreaks etc.) movie playback is slowly breaking up. It may start out playing just fine, but after a few minutes, small glitches, blocking begin and eventually the image is totally garbled and often freezes.
      This situation can be fixed by rewinding one second, and resume playback.
      When streaming/playing the same files on my WDTV or PC, no problems at all. So the harddisk and file system is OK.

This is bugging me toward insanity.. anyone got ideas how2 fix this??
    • RE: Vu+ movie playback ERRORS with OE1.6

Original von MikeW
      Ever since I started using the new OE1.6 images (VTI, OpelPLi, VIX, DreamElite, Gigant, HDFreaks etc.) movie playback is slowly breaking up. It may start out playing just fine, but after a few minutes, small glitches, blocking begin and eventually the image is totally garbled and often freezes.
      This situation can be fixed by rewinding one second, and resume playback.
      When streaming/playing the same files on my WDTV or PC, no problems at all. So the harddisk and file system is OK.

This is bugging me toward insanity.. anyone got ideas how2 fix this??

Hello,

there is still a error in the new VTI 2.1 You will find many threads in German Language here. A reebot of your Vu solve the problem for the moment to be able to look the film.

Best regards
    • Originally posted by MikeW
      Ever since I started using the new OE1.6 images (VTI, OpelPLi, VIX, DreamElite, Gigant, HDFreaks etc.)...

you mean OpenPLi ;)? there is no OpenPLi OE1.6 image (nor OE1.5), OpenPLi uses own OE...
      I've always got up to date OpenPLi in my VU and never experienced problems with recordings playback...
      rgrds
    • Hi blzr,
      you never git problems because current OpenPLI is more or less OE 1.5. You can see it when you look at the used compiler. It is still gcc 4.1 and OE 1.6 style will be gcc 4.4. You might know this difference when you make a driver update.

ciao
    • yep, indeed OpenPLi uses GCC 4.1.1 and python 2.5, but besides of that, if you compare OpenDreambox OE branch 1.5 and OpenPLi OE you'll see that's not the same OE for sure ;)
      back to playback hiccups problem:
      1) I'm not an expert at all, but to me it's highly unlikely that use newer compiler may cause this problem (?)...
      2) since OpenPLi uses latest drivers, has always up to date enigma, and "playback bug" doesn't occur, why don't simply use this image? What are advantages of this "mythical" OE1.6? :P
      // I read somewhere a theory that this bug could have something to do with drivers bug - abnormally high usage of CPU during playback recordings (>50%) (?)
      rgrds