Wake up from deep standby with cron?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Wake up from deep standby with cron?

Is this possible?

I have a few programs I run with cron and it would be great if I could use the deep standby feature and just wake the box up a bit before. And let it to deep standby afterwards.
      VU+ Duo, DM7020S, FireDTV S2

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Gaston64 ()

• RE: Wake up from deep standby with cron?

Hi,

short answer: no. Place an dummy timer to wakeup your stb, cron are only available on booted linux busybox os and does not effect the frontproessor rtc.

But maybe you can programm your wakeuptimer used by frontprocessor with an cron entry, just feel free to do that ;)

Original von Gaston64
      Is this possible?

I have a few programs I run with cron and it would be great if I could use the deep standby feature and just wake the box up a bit before. And let it to deep standby afterwards.
    • RE: Wake up from deep standby with cron?

Originally posted by scope34
      Hi,

short answer: no. Place an dummy timer to wakeup your stb, cron are only available on booted linux busybox os and does not effect the frontproessor rtc.

OK, thanks for the quick reply.

I suppose it would be possible to make script/program that creates a timer and achieve the same thing as manually create a timer. Might look into that. I'd like some more flexibility such as "if the box is already awake, don't do the dummy zap timer".

What kind of timers are available? Only record and zap? (I'm not at the box right now)
    • A quick note in this thread that I think I have found a solution (thanks to a tip from kleinerjunge).

I've had a look at the sourcecode for "Elektro Power Save Plugin" and I think I can modify this plugin to suit my needs. Will probably be a good exercise to dive into Python as well.