How to copy a movie to a USB device for remote viewing?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• How to copy a movie to a USB device for remote viewing?

For lack of something better, I use the Dream-Explore plugin to copy a *.TS file to a memory stick. This is a very slow process (20 min. for 1 hour) inhibiting all functionality of the SOLO2, but at least it works. The media box I use for playback cannot handle the file, so I copy it to my PC (8 min.) and start the TS-file converter to make an *.MPG file (6 min.). Finally I write the new file back to the memory stick (4 min.). So not counting the physical labor it takes half an hour to get a displayable file for 1 hour of remote viewing.

Somehow I get the feeling I'm doing something wrong. There must be more people who want to display their recordings on the media player in their car, boat or motorhome, so there should be a plugin that writes to a USB device in the background during TV viewing, preferably in the proper file format. But so far I have not been able to find it.

Anybody with more experience, please point me in the right direction.....
    • Hi Cees,

I noticed the same problem when copying a file using the any available explorer running on the vu box.
      My work around is accessing the files through LAN. So I put the memory stick (or whatever) in my pc. And access the .TS files in windows explorer.
      It is not ideal, you still have to convert the files, but at least you can use the vu box while your copying all the files.

Kind regards,

Simon
    • Thanks a lot Simon. I've just downloaded TotalCommander for that purpose, works like a charm.
      The conversion is still something that bothers me though. From two .TS files one was accepted, the other one refused by the free TS-converter (reason: non-compatible file).
      Copied it to USB memory and tried it on my wife's laptop. She has another converter that accepted the file but took more than half an hour to convert it to MPEG1.
      A converting plugin would be a lot better because the MPG file is approx. half the size of a .TS
    • Admittedly this has been cold for a while, but........

I think you guys are going about this in a rather round-about manner. You can just open the OpenWebif tool directly from your browser, choose the movie section (of the hard disk), then use the first TV icon [NOT the transcoding one!] from the film or file you want to watch, and then open the stream on your PC with something like the VLC browser. Works like a champ without any copying at all.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von SatDish ()